I've done it...

_jetset_

Visit site
I have finally plucked up the courage to book a lesson with the BD trainer I was asking people about a couple of weeks ago.

She seems really nice on the phone, and was asking lots of questions about my horse, what I did with her before she was put in foal and how fit I am (her horse is GP dressage level so obviously HUGE movement!!)

I am so so excited, but also a little nervous that I will not be able to ride as well as she would like! Obviously I am not at GP level, after all, my mare only competes at Elementary, but I would love my foal to get to this sort of level!

Any advice??

Rebecca

Kelly1982

Visit site
I know nothing about dressage but you must be really excited
smile.gif

I wouldn't worry about your riding abilities, she is an instructor so has probably seen all levels of riding and after all you are with her to learn!!

Plus Elementary is good isn't it?? (complete dressage virgin here ha ha)

Tempi

Visit site
relax and go with the movement!!!! its a really wierd experience, and you'l find that you ask it to do something you think is right and it will start doing something totally different!!! When i rode my trainers GP horse it was so odd!!! I asked for canter and it started halfpassing!!!! Its because they are trained to such a high level that everything is done with just the slightest shift in weight or tweek on the rein!!

You'l have a great time!! Hows Hannah? xx

_jetset_

Visit site
That is what I was hoping... I know I am not a GP rider, but I am someone who is more than willing to learn and take everything I have learned away with me!

Hopefully she won't think I ride like a sack of spuds, LOL!

_jetset_

Visit site
I have no doubt that I will be piaffing, half passing and passaging without knowing it!

I am really looking forward to it, even though I am a bit apprehensive. But I just keep thinking everyone has to make that step up eventually, and there is no where better than with a BD instructor!

Hannah is now sound again, so is starting schooling a little bit and has been an absolute loony as soon as he feet step in the arena. At least I know she loves her work, LOL! Going to school her until five months, then just take it down a notch, but I am hoping she will tell me what she wants to do and how much.

How's Bloss going on? Are you feeling ready for BYRDs?

Tempi

Visit site
I feel totally unready to be honest, Bloss is really lazy atm (think its the heat) so its making it hard for me!! Ive learnt my test and been through it with my trainer, going through it again thursday evening with her too. Ive got the Talent Spotting the day before i go to lincoln and sparsholt this saturday, so ive technically got four tests to learn!! ive learnt my talent spotting test and obviously my one for the nationals - im getting my mum to call my tests at sparsholt for me, as im never going to remember them all!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks... I get a little confused with all the abbreviations... took me ages to get BEDTA right when writing a post on dentists the other wk, he he!

Tempi

Visit site
yeah you are write, its BYRDS, i wrote it wrong in my ticker thingy!!

Talent Spotting is a competition run by BYRDS where you are split into age groups (mine being 18-25) and do a test on your horse, then discuss it, then have a sort of lesson, then swap horses. They choose one person from each of the 3 age groups to go through to the final in Lincoln in October and the winner gets tuituion with a top trainer, ie Carl Hester etc....

ETS - most BYRDS stuff is U21, but the nationals are having clases (which you have to qualify for) for U25s this year, and the talent spotting is under 25. They also do National Training which is for U25s

Tempi

Visit site
u r exactly the same age as me - you will still be able to have a bash at the BYRDS nationals not next year but the year after, you can do it up until the end of the year of your 25 bday. Im 23 too, and 24 next april.

_jetset_

Visit site
Han won't be back in work til Sept next year (I'll be 24...) so could I do it the year after when I will be turning 25 in the March?

Sorry, being a bit slow tonight, LOL!