I've found something positive about the minus temperatures

s4sugar

Visit site
After all the moaning threads this morning I have one positive note -
My boots are clean so I can leave them on to get in the house to make a coffee.

Any more positives?

( & I agree with a lot of the moans)

BentleyBelly

Visit site
My mud is frozen so its easy to push the wheel barrow into the field and my fatty is happy because he can have a bit of hay in the field whereas normally he has to watch his skinny field mate stuff his face on the other side of the fence.

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
I didn't bother to put a plastic bag over my foot first before putting on my Dubarry's with a hole in the bottom this morning (although later regretted it when breaking the ice on the trough with my foot!), and clean horses! Yay!

pixie

Visit site
Its easier to poo-pick the field as the poo comes up in a big frozen lump :)

Pony's hooves are much cleaner. (Though I can't say the same for the rest of him. Why did I buy a grey? He now looks coloured with brown stockings :eek: )

Pony had a good hoon about in the cold this morning and my husband said that he looked "majestic and like a stallion" - not bad for a hairy fatty who spends most of the time with his nouth glued to the grass :p

camilla4

Visit site
I thought this too while walking the dog :D he isn't actually muddy - bonus!

Was bluddy beautiful outside this morning!

I could have posted this! I love walking the dog so much more in this weather - no faffing around with towels when I get home. And yes -this morning was stunning :)

Brightbay

Visit site
Horse is sparklingly clean at all times - absolute minimum maintenance required :D

This is the weather I've been hoping for (since about June :D). Sadly, I don't think it's due to last, back to "normal" by the end of the week.

Clippy

Visit site
Our fields have been so wet we've had to keep our horses in so it's such a treat to chuck them all out in the field and get all the jobs done so that they can go straight into lovely clean stables.

They start congregating closer to home around 3.30pm so we start wheeling them in then. No skipping out and night nets, it's all got ready in the mornings :D

PingPongPony

Visit site
the sugar beet stays fresh, no flies about, no muddy water in my muckers that have a small hole in them that i still haven't found! :mad: i can actualy walk normally rather than sinking and jumping about trying not to get sucked in by mud. poo picking a lot easier, even mucking out is easier, horse weirdly becomes cleaner in her stable in winter in temperatures under 0, think it might be cuz she stands there eating her hay for as long as possible and then doesn't really want to go out that much so doesnt box walk :)