I've just had a really weird experience!

Redders

Visit site
None of it really matters to me. I knew what I was buying and I knew I was buying him from the second I saw his ad. He needed me and I needed him, and despite the difficult start we had I absolutely adore him.

I don't have an opinion on what you experienced really, other than you know what you felt and how the horse reacted- I think it must have been a very personal thing; but this statement! It brought tears to my eyes! You are both lucky to have found each other.

Merrymoles

Visit site
I do think that sometimes if we listen hard enough, we will understand and maybe the situation meant that you were "listening" really carefully.

After riding this morning, we were discussing my horse who definitely has something "odd" with the left-hand side of his face. My friend was saying that he won't let her put his headcollar on from that side or, if she approaches him from the left in the stable, he will move away.

I did notice the same thing when I bought him, to the extent that I had his eyes checked the first time I had the vet out for anything, even though he had been cleared at vetting. What I hadn't realised is that he doesn't do it with me any more - I can approach from either side and it's no bother. I would love to know why but at some time, we must have communicated that, whatever it is, isn't a problem when it's just the two of us!

Cobbytype

Visit site
I kept my horse in livery some years ago. It was a professional livery yard and the 3 owners were no-nonsense people who'd spent a lifetime working with horses of most disciplines from heavy horses through to racehorses. One of the yard owners was head of the equestrian unit at a local uni; in short they knew their stuff. They didn't like to talk about the 'mumbo jumbo stuff', but bit by bit over the years I was on the yard little anecdotes would be told.

So, they had this horse who developed a problem with his head and he became very head shy and would stand in his stable moving his head around. They did the usual and had his teeth checked, changed bits and tried different things to try to get to the bottom of what the problem was. The vet could find nothing wrong and the 'head thing' became a bit of a puzzle. Each of the yard owners would go in the horse's box and look in his mouth, trying to see just what the problem was, but they couldn't get to the bottom of it.

As a last resort they consulted an animal communicator who did postal readings. A snip of hair was sent to the communicator and a telephone conversation took place sometime afterwards. "He asking that you stop looking in his mouth" the communicator told the Y/O. Y/O laughed and told the communicator about the 'head thing'. "You took his friend away and he's really distressed" the communicator told the Y/O.

As it happened, the horse in question had a stable mate who he was particularly fond of and who had gone back home after being sent to the yard for schooling. So many horses came and went from the yard that no-one thought for one moment that the horse would miss his next door neighbour - there was always a new horse to take the old one's place and plenty of other horses on the yard.

Eventually the 'head thing' settled and the horse returned to normal and the yard owners laughed as they told me the story of the horse who was sick to death of people looking in his mouth.

The yard owners didn't like people knowing that as a last resort they would consult a communicator, but when all else failed they used a woman who had done readings for them over the years and sometimes she would hit the nail on the head.

Fairynuff

Visit site
My best friend is a physio, she once stuck her finger in my shoulder and I practically collapsed on the floor with a release of tension (she knows her stuff!). As for the rest; you are delusional :)

She is definately not 'delusional'. Ive experienced the same thing and it is very real. Don't knock what you don't know :)

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I am lucky to have a Chiro vet , who also uses acupuncture, I see acupuncture as the movement of energy through the body. A number of times I have walked into the energy field during treatment , it's like static electricity. A couple of times during treatment I have had phantom pain, the same as my horse, always mirrored on the opposite side. My reaction to my horses treatment has always amused my vet. I am very attuned to my horses Ffin and Moses, however the bond with Kevin is yet to build. Kevin has had three treatments now, after his first he was very upsettled and upset, it was like it released something, it took a few days for him settle back down, he is getting the hang of it now.

I truly believe there are more things in this life and world then we will understand and to dismiss what we do not understand as rubbish , just because we can not grasp it, is the height of arrogance or folly.

Hexx

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel OP. Having been treated with reiki, and also being attuned myself, I find myself surprised with what can be achieved. As a previous sceptic - I can understand some of the . comments, but sometimes you have to experience something to believe it.

It sounds like he has had a massive release of negative energy - I would suggest that you see if you can find someone that does pure reiki and get him some sessions booked in - what have you got to lose?

Pigeon

Visit site
I get this! Also sometimes a sudden really overwhelming sense of impending doom. It's weird - pretty sure it's a hormonal thing.

Sure you're not preggo? :p

Landcruiser

Visit site
I don't think anyone disputes that dogs pick up on our moods, and some can even give warnings of their owner's epileptic fits or blackouts, in a way that we don't understand. Horses also pick up on our moods, and on "atmosphere." I think to a large extent humans have lost this ability along with other survival skills we don't need so much any more. But some people - and I count myself amongst them - can sense an atmosphere or mood at times, and there's no reason why this shouldn't cross species the other way.
At risk of sounding like a total nitwit, I once got an overwhelming sense of despair and fear from a group of trees on a busy traffic island in Coventry. (I was a bit of a tree hugger back then!) I told my local friend what had happened - and he told me that the trees were condemned and were due to be cut down for road works. This was 30 years ago, and I've never forgotten the strength of the feeling, nor experienced anything like that again.