I've just realised quite how pathetic i am :D

sychnant

Visit site
i've been bringing my new horse back into work over the past couple of months. He's very well schooled, an absolute sweetie, but i am a very nervous rider on any horse except my old girl, since an accident with my youngster a while back.
I fell madly in love with this horse (Leo) the instant i saw him, and couldn't believe it when he became mine!
He had been off work for 18 months before i got him due to owner's lack of time, but i knew the original owner had bought him to get her confidence back on after an accident, and he'd also been in a riding school for a year - so i thought he would be fine for me :)
Anyway, groundwork, some hacking and a tiny bit of schooling later, with a couple of hacking issues as he's not very brave alone - i can honestly say that i feel very safe on him, to the point where (this is the pathetic bit) today in the school we jumped. 6 inches max
And i am so proud of myself for being so brave, and of him for putting up with a numpty like me, that i just had to share
Thankyou for reading :)

Biscuit

Visit site
Well done you! At the end of the day who cares whether it was 6 inches or feet - it is great to make progress and to challenge oneself. It can be so hard to feel confident after an accident but it sounds like you have come a long way with Leo already :)

indiat

Visit site
Well done! Don't feel a numpty - I have confidence issues as well and I know how important these achievements are, as do many on here. Just think of what you two will be doing together this time net year.

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel - my chap has done the same for me! I had not jumped for years, but within a week of getting my chap I popped a wee pole. Well done you - the right horse makes all the difference!

attheponies

Visit site
I don't think that's pathetic at all, well done. After all, everything is relative and jumping six inches when you have confidence issues can be as challenging as Badminton to someone a little braver.

sychnant

Visit site
Thankyou everyone :)

all070.jpg

old girl at 21.

LeoJuly2009007.jpg

new boy shortly before i got him :)

Mrs B

Visit site
You are NOT pathetic! Confidence is a very special thing: until you've lost it, you have NO IDEA how important it is.... I used to ride anything with 4 (ish) legs. I carried on like that for years until I bought something which matured into more horse than I could handle and my confidence melted.

Be proud of what you have done, smile at what you have achieved and kick on! x Good luck:)

Helanw

Visit site
Well done you, as everyone else has said confidence is a hard thing to regain ( im right there with you on this one) and what is 6 inches today could be 8 tomorrow and on and on! Keep it up you never know where it could take you !

sychnant

Visit site
Thankyou all for the nice comments, and good luck to those who are feeling the same as me!

Am hoping to try something a little bigger pretty soon, so will see if i can get some jumping pics :)

eahotson

Visit site
Well done!!! I have confidence issues and when I jumped about 3" the other day I felt so good. Sounds like you have the right horse.Onwards and upwards.

Angua2

Visit site
Well done you, as everyone else has said confidence is a hard thing to regain ( im right there with you on this one) and what is 6 inches today could be 8 tomorrow and on and on! Keep it up you never know where it could take you !

Agree whole heartedly with all that has been said and inparticular this comment.

I too was trembling at the thought of 6" and Yesterday I did my first clear round eventer trial at 2'3", OK so we didn't go clear and most of it was done to a nelly the elephant sound track at trot but who cares!

Well done you:D