I've set myself a challenge

blood_magik

Visit site
I must be mad but I've decided to push my confidence to the limit on Wednesday and attempt 1.30+

unfortunately, everyone on the yard has decided to come and watch :rolleyes:
I've done 1.30m once - six years ago :eek:

What have I gotten myself into? :eek: I have visions of us getting over the fence and me going "splat" :p

Has anyone else ever though "screw it", went for it and hoped for the best?
I think I'll be needing a bit of dutch courage before I go for it :D

blood_magik

Visit site
close eyes + jerry + 1.30 spread =
a037.gif

:D

blood_magik

Visit site
hooligan - ur right, it does take skill but everyone's got go start somewhere. Im comfortable doing a course at 1.10 so it's time to push it a bit and try a few fences at 1.20-1.30 - probably between 3-5 fences and build them up. I'm absolutely petrified already :p
thanks to everyone who has wished us luck - I'll update tomorrow night once it's all over and hopefully will have pics of me not going splat :D

Business

Visit site
When I was a kid I was bricking myself the first time I jumped a junior open, I didn't expect to get round. We got round and after that I was so much more confident. Haven't jumped for a while now so not feeling confident again, but like you I will find the courage to try. (I hope!)

Will have my fingers crossed for you, let us know how you go, and well done for finding the courage to try.

Anyone can jump a single fence of any height its jumping more than one fence that takes real skill...

What is your problem FFS?! I am expect we would love to see you jumping 1.30 so you can show us all how it is meant to be done! If you were that good I doubt you would post such nasty critisism.

fitzaud2

Visit site
You are so brave, well done for setting yourself that challenge!!!! My limit is 80cms at the moment. I'm a complete chicken, but am not afraid to admit it. I havnt jumped in a year, but before that, i was jumping my cooper in 80cms, I was so bad, that, at the livery yard, the owner used to put up and down jumps for me, i used to get off and measure it just in case he had me jumping more than 80. now, thats SAD!!! I used to love jumping, until life got in the way, and I'm now scared of it. If I jumped a single 1.30m fence, I would expect to be in all the national newspapers!!!!!! (And I would have to be drugged!!)
Thinking positive does help, regardless of the size of the fence, I was so bad, i would be vomiting all morning before jumping, couldnt eat, no talking to anyone and used to have to be there before anyone else got there. Thats how I got speaking to the owner of the place, and she said to me, that it doesnt look silly a 16.2hh horse with adult rider jumping 80cms, and her advice to me was keep jumping 80cms until it seems small to you, then move up, so on .... Well so far 80cms doesn't seem small, but havnt jumped, but i think she's onto something. Her advice was forget about everybody else, in her years watching all the comps, so many people were jumping far bigger than they were able to and frightening themselves because they were ashamed of jumping the smaller fences. If you are already jumping 1.10, and horse is capable of going higher, then go for it, you sound confident, and thats 3/4's of the battle!!!