Jack pops round Larkhill 90

Hattikins

Visit site
Well final prep run for Badders under our belts without any of last years dramas! Short and sweet as no photos. Never been to larkhill before and was pleasantly surprised, good ground, nice courses and very efficiently run :)

Long story short, was last to go in my section and Jack had clearly been taking dressage lessons in his sleep as blow me down he produced best dressage of the section with a 25.5 :D we then slightly tarnished it by breathing on a pole sjing which promptly fell, was probably due to having not jumped anything for a fortnight, but better at larkhill than badders! :/ We then topped it off with a lovely spin round the XC, jack felt the best I think he's ever felt, fluid, bold and really striding out between fences rather than scuttling quickly!! came back and wasn't even sweating so hopefully feeling fit and well :D

So all in all a great day, a solid 3rd place and hard cash prize (thank you larkhill!) and feeling ready for the big one..as I'll ever be anyway! Was great to bump into lex and the gorgeous Billy today - very well done to them :D sorry not to meet more of you, I will keep my eyes better peeled next time!

lex2501

Visit site
So so pleased you have had a perfect badminton prep this spring! And like you say, better to get the 4 faults off his chest at larkhill ;) He is such a consistent little chap, got such a soft spot for him! I'm definitely going to try and come up for badminton so if you need a spare pair of hands, and set of lungs to cheer you on then il be there!! Fingers crossed he can produce another cracking performance at the big one, you have all of HHO behind you!

NR99

Visit site
Well done you what a great Badminton pre-run prep - all the best at Badminton, slightly longer report required then with photos of the lovely Jack ;):)

morrismob

Visit site
Well done today, I did see you passing my lorry on your way to sj'ing, I was taking plaits out of daughters horse, we did smile and I nearly said hello but thought you might be in a hurry. Well done on your result and good luck at the Big One :D

GT_02

Visit site
Wow - 25.5 dr!!! Shame about the pole but yay for the placing and winnings. Sounds like it was a great prep run for the biggie - best of luck!

Hattikins

Visit site
lex: thank you! And very well done to you and superstar Billy! He really did look a picture yesterday warming up for dressage :D would love to see you at badders! Support and a friendly face are always very welcome :D where's Billy off to next?

NR99: thank you! And yes hopefully some photos and a long winded, sleep inducing report is guaranteed after badders!

O_M: yes think I will be staying certainly for first dressage day but probably until xc day :)

Morrismob: very well done to your daughter for a super double clear! Next time wave frantically and say hi, I love a good natter even when I'm in a hurry :D where are your off to next?

S_C: haha well you are most welcome to stalk me as long as you promise to come and say hi this time :D look forward to seeing you there!

Star: let's hope so! Though I'm ready for anything to happen!!

GT_02: I know, I was fairly shocked to hear it! At least I know he is capable of it now! And thank you :)

WeeBrown: thank you, he's a very special pony, not a world beater but exceptionally consistent at the level he is happy at :)

F_F: thank you! Going to wrap him up in cotton wool from now until then!!

Hattikins

Visit site
thank you :)

james6: come and say hi if you spot us :D

S_C: yes! look forward to having a catch up! :)

LizzieJ: Thank you, he is a consistent chap :D and hopefully you can walk rather than run round badders this year ;)