Jackets for dressage

dieseldog

Visit site
My jacket I wear Show jumping is the one in my siggy, burgundy ish and its the only jacket I own. Now I have started doing some dressage and I know I can't wear the SJ one and don't want to carry on borrowing my sisters. So what colour can I wear? Its to do normal dressage and some low level BE stuff

how about these on EBAy?

11_1_b.JPG

8e_1.JPG

96_1.JPG

e4_1.JPG

I wouldn't be allowed this one would I?
fb_1.JPG

Open to other suggestions as long as it isn't massive clown checks

Farrieress

Visit site
Low level dressage tweed is ok, showjumping types are frowned on though
frown.gif
persionally i think a plain well cut navy jacket is very classy in the dressage ring with either white or cream stock whatever colour ur breeches are x

star

Visit site
the rule book just says any conservative colour, so your burgundy one would be fine, as would any of the tweeds. if you're doing BE though you should go for tweed - never seen anyone wearing navy/black at BE. at BD though, most people wear blue/black, but tweed is sometimes seen and is quite ok.

pocket

Visit site
Top one is really nice, I'd go for that one. I often wear my tweed showing jacket for dressage, but usually a navy jacket
wink.gif

KatB

Visit site
Your allowed black or navy at BE from intro level. I personally wear tweed, but thats because I do BE, and showing!! Either of the top two are lovely, i've got a dark tweed and its smart for everything.

star

Visit site
yeah, i thought they were allowed, just cant say i've ever seen anyone in anything other than tweed so if you want to blend in, tweed's the way to go. i've got a tweed, black and navy that i've collected over the years so just pick the one most suited!

Nic

Visit site
I love the Barbour one & the one below it is nice too. Not keen on the bottom 2 though.

For BE I have a green Mears tweed jacked (gotta love ebay!)

I also have a plain black caldene one that I use for BSJA & RC stressage

dieseldog

Visit site
Thanks for your help, The second one down has had loads of bids - but it does come with a free bag!

The top one is £35 with postage but doesn't end for a few days yet. I will keep scouring ebay and see what I can find.