Janet George RIP

Clodagh

Visit site
RIP Janet. Knew her virtually through this forum and the Saddle up forum a wealth of knowledge. I knew she was a great supporter of EMW, who have just taken in an old gelding called Conker. Maybe we could all donate to help with his rehab in Janet's name?
I hate to be lazy, but is there a link?

Mahoganybay

Visit site
Sad to hear this, I have read numerous posts from her over the years and often thought what a kind and knowledgable lady she was.

Goodnight and god bless Janet.

lannerch

Visit site
The horse world is a lesser place without Janet’s wise words be it from the hunting field, of which she wrote a book , her wealth of knowledge common sense and wit and of course her beloved Irish draughts. Such a kind generous lady always willing to help others . So sad and so shocking Janet you will be so greatly missed . Rip

Nicnac

Visit site
That is such sad news. She wasn't that old and was posting 3 weeks ago. Janet was lovely on here and to whomever wanted help with their ID. She will be much missed. Condolences to all who knew her personally.

RIP Janet.

And thanks for EMW link - really easy to donate.

Last edited:

mini_b

Visit site
Bit late to post as just got home, id started the previous thread as it was speculated on an ID Facebook group and was willing it wasn’t true.

not many like Janet, my thoughts are with her family. I do hope they find a bit of joy in how many folk thought a great deal of her.
Ride in paradise x

Lammy

Visit site
Terrible news to hear, what a wonderful, knowledgeable lady she was.
I will make a donation in her memory to her chosen charity as I think that’s a lovely idea.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Gosh that is a shock, so sad. Like everyone else, I really admired her knowledge and willingness to help anyone. She bred some lovely horses. Will be much missed. RIP Janet.

Reactions: JJS