Janet George .......

jrp204

Visit site
Wasn't there an issue with the stallion post the other day, really nice pics of a stallion having fun in the sun. No doubt someone has button pushed?

bonny

Visit site
She was warned for showing the photos and the post was deleted so Janet reposted the thread with a goodbye message, presumably knowing she would be banned for doing so.....no idea what was wrong with the photos though ......

JenHunt

Visit site
hmmm.... no need. JG has a wealth of information that she has been more than happy to share with many first time breeders, those with youngstock, and those with 'problem' horses.

shame Admin chose to not read the post to understand the point she was making.

hayinamanger

Visit site
I hope JG will be back. Her posts were great, I love the way she just appears on a thread and says something like 'Complete b0**0**s!' At least we have amymay as understudy.:)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Initially, I thought it was stupid and couldn't understand why the photos/post was removed. Now I know there was some controversy in it, I can understand HH's point of view. If someone posted/tagged something on my Facebook page that I didn't agree with or I didn't want to be involved with I would delete it to be safe....

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Very sad she has gone - I haven't been on very long but I had her on my short list of people I thought I would be able to call on occasionally for help as far as breeding and so on was concerned and be sound in mind that she was actually a very experienced, knowledgeable person and not a know-it-all teenage keyboard warrior.. Hmm wonder if she facebooks.... :cool:

Alec Swan

Visit site
Are we allowed to petition to get JG reinstated? Dont know what the protocol is

Find a clever dick who knows how to set up a poll, a sort of in or out thing.

I strongly suspect that she's only on a bit of a holiday.

Anyone got an e/mail address for her? If you don't want to ask, send it to me by PM, and I'll ask! ;)

Alec.

madmav

Visit site
Please can someone explain to me what is going on here? All I can see is some pictures of a horse and then she's banned. Button pushers? Where are these buttons that they push and why have they done it? It is as though everyone is talking in riddles. I remember Janet George from the NewRiders forum. What the hell has she done? Seemed a good sort.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Please can someone explain to me what is going on here? All I can see is some pictures of a horse and then she's banned. Button pushers? Where are these buttons that they push and why have they done it? It is as though everyone is talking in riddles. I remember Janet George from the NewRiders forum. What the hell has she done? Seemed a good sort.

Right, well this is about it, or my understanding anyway. The horse in question is owned (is he owned?), by a guy who engenders very strong feelings in most. Some loathe him, some of those with good reason, and others loathe him, because their friends do, which may also be justified.

That's one side. There are those, and I'm amongst them, who though having had the odd run in with him, have never been harmed by him, and in my case, on the contrary, he's also gone out of his way to help me, for which I'm grateful. I deal with others, as they deal with me. I may be in a minority, but there we are!

Mrs. George posted a picture of the horse in question, and there can be no question, as far as I can see, how that picture contravened the Ts&Cs of this forum. Admin, I suspect have acquiesced to pressure from those who've complained, and removed the apparently offending thread. I suspect that in this aspect, Admin have been rather week. The FC would have considered it all before acting, which I suspect hasn't happened, which is a pity. It's a pity, because though to an extent the eventual outcome has been the responsibility of the banned person, she is I know, a highly respected and regarded, near doyen of this breeding section, and the whole episode has been something of an embarrassment, and apart from being needless, it's achieved nothing.

Mrs. George, perhaps unwisely, reposted on another section, appeared to offer a two fingered gesture, and paid the price, a bit of a holiday! I suspect that Mrs. G is both broad shouldered and thick skinned enough, to be able to shrug this off.

That, madmav, is about it. It's just another tempest, in a tiny saucer!!

Alec.

FionaM12

Visit site

To the bottom left of every post there's a little triangle with a ! in it. You can click on there to report anything obscene, any spam or anything you think breaks the rules. Apparently posting photos of the stallion was in some way rule-breaking, but it seems from the above that there was an element of vendetta going on.

If you report something you get called a button-pusher :rolleyes: but tbh if you're reporting something obscene, harassing or a spam item I would think being a button pusher's a reasonable thing to be. ;)

FionaM12

Visit site
Right, well this is about it, or my understanding anyway. The horse in question is owned (is he owned?), by a guy who engenders very strong feelings in most. Some loathe him, some of those with good reason, and others loathe him, because their friends do, which may also be justified.

That's one side. There are those, and I'm amongst them, who though having had the odd run in with him, have never been harmed by him, and in my case, on the contrary, he's also gone out of his way to help me, for which I'm grateful. I deal with others, as they deal with me. I may be in a minority, but there we are!

Mrs. George posted a picture of the horse in question, and there can be no question, as far as I can see, how that picture contravened the Ts&Cs of this forum. Admin, I suspect have acquiesced to pressure from those who've complained, and removed the apparently offending thread. I suspect that in this aspect, Admin have been rather week. The FC would have considered it all before acting, which I suspect hasn't happened, which is a pity. It's a pity, because though to an extent the eventual outcome has been the responsibility of the banned person, she is I know, a highly respected and regarded, near doyen of this breeding section, and the whole episode has been something of an embarrassment, and apart from being needless, it's achieved nothing.

Mrs. George, perhaps unwisely, reposted on another section, appeared to offer a two fingered gesture, and paid the price, a bit of a holiday! I suspect that Mrs. G is both broad shouldered and thick skinned enough, to be able to shrug this off.

Alec.

Wow. And when I saw the original post of the photos I thought they were just lovely pics of a beautiful horse playing in the field for us to enjoy.

It's all so complicated. :eek:

gadetra

Visit site
It's a pity, because though to an extent the eventual outcome has been the responsibility of the banned person, she is I know, a highly respected and regarded, near doyen of this breeding section, and the whole episode has been something of an embarrassment, and apart from being needless, it's achieved nothing.

Alec.

^^^^^^ This. Such a silly thing to happen. People need to get over themselves JG did nothing wrong!
She has forgotten more than I will ever know, and to push the button on someone who did nothing wrong, well I am lost for words!
It seems petty and spiteful for the button pushers to take their frustrations with the stallion owners out on JG. That makes no rational sense to me!
Anyway, hopefully she will be back soon.
Rant over!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
You can always join JG's own forum (the name escapes me for the mo' even though I used to be a member!)
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know which horse it was.
embarrassed_by_paigehpleuvoir.gif

Alec Swan

Visit site
Unfortunately since TFF disappeared to be replaced with Admin, this has been par for the course. They take the opinion of the button pusher at face value and whoosh .... infraction time :rolleyes:

A point which I've already made. I've had a warning for starring out swear words, which is the very same course taken by Admin. :confused: Work that one out, if you can! Actually, I thought that it was funny, so the rowlock-ing rather missed its target! :D

The FC always seemed, to me anyway, to look for "intent", and then act accordingly, not so Admin.

Alec.

PS, Admin, before you have a tantrum, a "Rowlock" is a cup which is attached to a boat, and holds an oar, it isn't a swear word!! a.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site

Alec.

JG received an infraction for posting the picture of the stallion, after a previous thread about it had been removed at the request of it's guardian. Then received a further infraction (or perhaps a ban) for resurrecting the post and having a paddy.

It's that simple.

And I suspect the button pusher was - well quite obviously the stallion's guardian.

sywell

Visit site
There was a secret report produced during the second world war by scientific intelligence that was with drawn on the instructions of Dowding the person who produced the report was pleased as he knew every one who had it but not read it would go through it to find out why it was withdrawn. i did not see the offending thread but always wish to see things that are banned to make my own mind up.