Jardy

ElleJS

Visit site
I seem to think some HHOers are going? I am currently contemplating this event after being offered a lift over.
Might take both girls to the CIC***. Any info on this event? Thank you!
smile.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
It is supposed to be VERY nice! I think Baydale and Gamebird are planning on going, others too perhaps. Unless I cock up Minderhout I won't be going, these posh events are far too much money!

Gamebird

Visit site
I've applied to go but only for the CCI* and they're taking all the Juniors to do it as a prep run so they may not have enough British places to accommodate a muddling amateur as well! I'm a bit worried about not getting in tbh
crazy.gif
. The applications go to the selectors at the end of the week so hopefully we'll know before too long. I may re-route to Burgie if not but Jardy is the main aim. Baydale's going for the CCI**.

Baydale knows more than me. She got a lot of info from Rosie Chinery who went last year. There's vids of the XC and SJ on youtube - just search for Jardy CCI. It looks very sandy and flat.

Come along, if only for the wine
wink.gif
. It would be lovely to have another friendly face on board!

Baydale

Visit site
I'm hoping to go with HumungaHorse, Gamebird with Monts the Carthorse and TableDancer with PingyPony.
grin.gif
What would you like to know? It's flat and sandy, about 200 miles from Calais and I heard the SJ was well up to height and very technical, so that'll suit you
wink.gif

Gimme a minute and I'll dig out what else I've got on it.....or Gamebird will beat me to it (assuming she's not busy jabbing sheep or falling down dairy steps
tongue.gif
).

Gamebird

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to go with HumungaHorse, Gamebird with Monts the Carthorse and TableDancer with PingyPony.
grin.gif
What would you like to know? It's flat and sandy, about 200 miles from Calais and I heard the SJ was well up to height and very technical, so that'll suit you
wink.gif

Gimme a minute and I'll dig out what else I've got on it.....or Gamebird will beat me to it (assuming she's not busy jabbing sheep or falling down dairy steps
tongue.gif
).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not today - trying to mix and match bridle parts to make a bridle for the new pony so that I don't have to keep swapping bits. Except this browband doesn't fit onto that headpiece and that bridle only has one cheekpiece....
mad.gif
. Wish I'd never started now
mad.gif

Oh, and to add to my woes I've taken tomorrow off work to BSJA at Richmond ahead of Chatsworth and I've just checked and Richmond BSJA isn't running tomorrow because of the BE this weekend
mad.gif

Frankly I'd rather be jabbing sheep
mad.gif

ElleJS

Visit site
Sounds very nice, just what someone else said, lovely, flat and sandy! (and if there is wine involved....:) )
I'm not sure Con will go to Bramham... still so undecided, and other mare will be ready to jump around a flat advanced track, so Jardy could be ideal for them both. Will go google, sounds like a fun trip away (especially as my OH will be in Bulgaria on a stag do that weekend and doing awful boy things like going to lapdancing clubs) dreadful, so I intend to have a weekend away somewhere too!

ajf

Visit site
Oh I'm so jealous and wanna come (damn those uni exams
mad.gif
)

We all would love a report, hopefully of the whole stay (not just until the first wine tasting session
tongue.gif
)

Baydale

Visit site
Sorry for the delay, 4yo Jupiter decided he'd rather do 50mins of naughty pony instead of 20mins of angelic pony.
mad.gif

Here's Rosie's email giving me the lowdown:

"Firstly i didn't do the 2* last year, i did the 1* but i walked lots of the course and both xc tracks were fairly straight forward, nothing very huge. Lots of jumps involving banks but appart from that the course is very flat. Quite hard to remember the way round as very twisty and all on little sandy tracks. Anywhere where you have to come off those tracks the ground was very firm. The time was easy to make and there is a big water jump where lots of people watch.
The dressage and showjumping were both done on a surface. Lots of horses blew up in the dressage as the arenas are in the main arena which has xc course on one side of it and a big tent with scores, food, secretary etc in it the other side. Also where everyone sits to watch.
The showjumping for the 2* is in the same main arena, i didnt watch much of it but i believe it caused lots of problems. Both showjumping tracks were very up to height with lots of related distances, dog-legs etc, and not many clears.
It took us about 12 1/2 hours in total from home to Jardy but we did have a slight delay at the ferry both ends. Jardy was extremely hard to find, every single person got lost that we spoke to. Make sure you have a very good map of the area.
Our lorry is 8metres and the ferry was about £300 each way.
Entries were about £120 for the 1* including stables, very cheap compared to our country!
Some stables were on concrete and some on grass, all temporary but very adequate. you could have straw or shavings.
We travelled with someone else so we shared expenses and we think it cost about £1000 between us but that was total cost of everything, diesel etc.
We had a great time there, the weather was lovely, very warm! and people very friendly. The worst thing is probably finding the place, and the ground on the xc is quite firm where you're not on the sandy tracks."

Sounds like we need a decent map and compass, for the journey AND for the course itself.
crazy.gif

I echo Gamebird's sentiments about the wine and the friendly face
grin.gif
, and you did promise that Connie would have a chat with HH about his showjumping.
wink.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
Scouring the programme with a fine-toothed comb this evening (nothing on telly), it looks like the 3* is 350 euros entry + 100 euros stabling
shocked.gif
. Far prefer it when entry includes stabling!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Only one word of caution I was warned the ground can be rock hard and not great xc. Saying that my trainer hasn't been for a few years and it may of improved although from the looks of Rosie's email not totally.

ElleJS

Visit site
Thanks for all the info! Slightly concerned if the ground is solid so may have to have a good think on it. not keen on running Connie on hard if I can avoid it, also was hoping stabling would be included!!