Java Tiger horses

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
The ones I have come across mentally mature quite late, but they are a talented bunch and usually very good looking (obviously depending upon the mare!)

Visit site
Friend has a mare by JT, very bold and talented but she said she could be quite bullish. Competed her to Novice then has since had some cracking foals. She's based NE.

Nic

Visit site
SCS on here owns Paper Tiger who got 14.3 in his dressage at Auchinleck (Ruth Edge) & is absolutely stunning.

I would love one.

druid

Visit site
Didn't BBs and Weezy look at one to buy a while back? Might be worth talking to them
smile.gif

scs

Visit site
Thank you - yes, I have bred 2 horses by Java Tiger, one now competing with Ruth Edge at 6 and doing very well, and we have the other one at home. What I have heard said about Java Tiger horses is that they are very clever, very bold, quite precocious and so sometimes think they know best in the early stages - and once you have got them through the baby stage correctly, they are never a problem. Like all talented horses they have some character. They are also often very beautiful and move well, which is a bonus....

He certainly produced an amazing variety of horses which have gone to the top in all disciplines over the years - how many other thoroughbreds have sired horses that have gone round Badminton, as well as ones who have reached GP dressage?

good luck

TURBOBERT

Visit site
In fairness his stock have been for the most part disappointing in my view. He stood up here so there are a number of them about. Certainly at least one has gone round Badminton that I know of, you are right there, but then numerous stallions have sired at least one horse that has gone round a four stat track.
I saw JT himself a few years ago and his movement was absolutely fantastic.

Thistle

Visit site
Thanks for these views.

Horse was taken through early years by an experienced professional, who expects them to get on with it and think for themselves etc etc. Has been ridden by a weekender for last couple of years and seems to cope with inconsistent work.

I have done some research and found some piccies of JT.

I think it may be worth a try

scs

Visit site
sounds sensible if you are buying from a non-professional. Always worrying when buying rom a top rider as most people are unlikely to be able to ride it as well, so more likely to have problems. And remember, as a mare you are getting some good bloodlines - now Java Tiger is dead, there will be less and less of his progeny around, and you could have a nice broodmare there for the future! Good luck anyway - I love my Java Tiger horses, and it is always interesting to watch how other ones do out competing. There is hardly a week in H&H when one isnt mentioned showing/eventing/dressage etc.

scs

Visit site
as was Mistatiger, Feast of Florios, Catch the Tiger - eventing

Moon Tiger, Spinners Double - dressage

Legal Eagle, Overdrive - showing

ElleJS

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you - yes, I have bred 2 horses by Java Tiger, one now competing with Ruth Edge at 6 and doing very well, and we have the other one at home. What I have heard said about Java Tiger horses is that they are very clever, very bold, quite precocious and so sometimes think they know best in the early stages - and once you have got them through the baby stage correctly, they are never a problem. Like all talented horses they have some character. They are also often very beautiful and move well, which is a bonus....

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough alot of the 'fashionable sires' have sharp sides to them. ie: the Rock King line, Primitive Rising, I have come across alot that are talented but with lots of personality too! I guess that is what is needed to have the extra something....

TURBOBERT

Visit site
Yes Mistatiger is by JT as too is Softy Softly (both local to me)although Softly broke down at a four star very dramatically and publically so is not the best example. Not sure about Feast of Florios. If he was by JT then he certainly had a long and successful working life. Catch the Tiger was also owned locally - he then went to J P Sheffield. I could be wrong but again I think there were soundness problems and he was far from easy- he certainly did at least one three star though.
All I am saying is that JS sired numerous offspring many from to quality mares and his stock did not do THAT well.
Your prospective purchase does sound a good one though.

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
I had a foal some years ago by JT out of a 3/4 TB 1/4 highland mare, cracking foal. very good conformation and fab mover - very flashy. Quite cocky/cheeky but adorable... Unfortunatly he was lost to grass sickness.
Have seen 2 others and always have been impressed.