Jeanette Brakewell, please help!

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Hi guys

This may be like finding a needle in a haystack lol, but you never know. So here it goes

My horse Moja was bred and competed by jeanette brakewell, Moja's now 14 and I think jeanette sold her on as a 6 year old. I don't know her previous owners as I bought her from a dealer. I spoke with jeanette briefly but understandably I never heard back from her. And me being greedy I want to find out more, I saw there was a thread posted on here a while back from someone who worked with jeanette but I now can't find the thread :(

I believe she was also owned by C.J.H Simpson at "Canal Farm Bungalow, Hickling, Melton Mowbray"
Jeanette is also stated as owner in her passport, both adresses are strikingly similar, from the same area, same postcode, so I believe she didn't go very far when jeanette sold her on to C.J.H Simpson (I think)

So I wondered if any body knew anyone who previously worked with jeanette? or knows C.J.H Simpson? any lead would be really great.

I also believe Jeanette's horse "over to you" (jack) is Moja's dad

Thank you :)

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Yeah I've wrote to the address but no reply :(

Sadly I don't know her show name either, I only assumed over to you was Moja's dad because they look strikingly similar, down to the same face markings, same colour, plus Moja is cob x thoroughbred (over to you is a thoroughbred too) but I know its probs just coincidence lol

kerilli

Visit site
Over To You is definitely a gelding, so unless he was used before he was cut (unlikely) i doubt she's his daughter! You should ring or email Jeanette again and try to find out Mojo's show name, that'd be a good start. (i guess it isn't on her passport?)

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Yeah I did wonder that, I knew he was a gelding but thought he may have been used before he was cut.

ill try and find out her show name, will email jeanette again. thanks for your help guys :)

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Her show name isnt in her passport, she's just named as Moja in her passport, but Ive always assumed she would have had a show name when competing with Jeanette?

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
omg this is Moja, thanks so much everyone, I did try and look on the british eventing website but couldnt trace anything.

Thank you, I really appreciate your help

tinasmagic87

New User
Visit site
I used to work for Jeanette when they had moja there she was always known as moja web when kathy snutch tried to event her. She had a foal a few years back by primitive proposal and it wS the owners that had her. Nice enough mare but nothing much was known breeding wise

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Hi All

Thank you so much for your help, Ive managed to track down her old owners in which ive found out alot about her history, even that her name means number one in swahili ;)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

Maddy