3BayGeldings

Visit site
Got everything crossed for him
frown.gif
x

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
<<<<<<<<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>>>>>> for both him and you, with everything crossed for a good outcome.

Nari

Visit site
Thank you. Sitting crying, shaking & waiting for the phone to ring. His size means he's high risk for anaesthetic, his temoeraments not good for recovery & God help me if he gets lami. But his chances without surgery were less than 30% & any moire delay made surgery far riskier too.

3BayGeldings

Visit site
My friends horse went for colic surgery at the beginning of the year, and he was a massive risk due to being 20 years + and because of his size. Now they're off out show jumping every other weekend and hacking around at their usual 100mph speed!

I have a good feeling about your horse, i hope i'm right.

XXX

Nari

Visit site
God I hope your right JustHeen because right now I don't think I'mgoiung to see him again. I cant stop crying.

Thanls everyone whose sendsing vibes. Still no news, domn't know if thats good or bad.

Nari

Visit site
Phone just rang, surgeon jst stitching him up. Surgery went well & was quick. Now recovery which is something that scares me nearly as much as the op itself. More prayers please?

Nari

Visit site
Still not heard anything, I hope there's not a problem because it seems a very long time to be in recovery.

Update - they just called to say he's come round & is on his feet but still too wobbly to leave the padded recovery room. Maybe, just maybe, I can start to breathe again.

Nari

Visit site
Thanks, it sounds like you've had a pretty rough night too!

I've still got everything crossed because I know he's not out of the woods yet but I am feeling a tiny bit more optimistic. Still very worried about it triggering laminitis - if you saw his feet you'd know why. ETA they just called again to say he's in his box & hunting through the bed for hay! Yes!!

I've now managed to drink half a cup of tea without throwing up which might help my pounding headache.

Oh and reading back through this thread I'd like to apologise for all the typing errors!

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Phone just rang, surgeon jst stitching him up. Surgery went well & was quick. Now recovery which is something that scares me nearly as much as the op itself. More prayers please?

[/ QUOTE ]

So pleased to hear he made it through the surgery ok.

Healing and good behaviour vibes on their way to you and Jim. What a horrible few hours it must've been for you.

Good luck xxxx

Nari

Visit site
I haven't heard anything else from the ves since thy called to say he was back in a box & trying to find something to eat. That's good, isn't it They'd surely have called if he'd got worse again? I can go to see him later, I need to.

Thanks for all the good vibes & please keep them coming. He's got a long way to go yet & theres a lami risk due to stress & toxins. He has [****] feet at the best of times so that's a very real worry, the vets fitted supports when he was in surgery to try & help.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
*fingers crossed* everything continues to go well for Jim.

Why don't you give the vets a ring and ask how he is and how he was through the night? It would put your mind at rest rather than fretting waiting for them to call you

(((hugs))) and <<<vibes>>>

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Missed this last night, so hope everything is going ok this morning.

Big hugs for you and Jim and healing vibes for a good recovery ((((((((((((()))))))))))))))

_jetset_

Visit site
I know exactly what you have just been through... and am so glad to read that he is back in his box and hunting for hay. That is a great sign!

The worst bit is over, he has survived the surgery and getting up from the anaesthetic, so now lots of healing vibes are coming Jim's way and lots of hugs for you too!

Sedalin will become your best friend when you start the recovery period, and lots of it!!!