Jin or Sprenger stirrups...

Ginn

Visit site
So the electrical tape currently holding the rubber on my (12 yr old!) flexi stirrups together is beginning to fail so I figured it was about time to invest in a new pair...

Having ridden for the last 12 years in the flexi stirrups I find non flexi (albeit cheap) stirrups strain by knees and ankles and make my feet ache - possibly the result of jamming my heels down to stay in the plate when madam decides to do her gymnastics...? However, I do find it quite easy to loose my stirrups as with the flex it is quite easy for my feet to slide off due to the angle!

Have been reading quite a bit on here and like the sound of the Jin ones but wondered how others found these compared to the Sprengers/flexi stirrups...

Your views please...

Thankies

KarlyHT

Visit site
I absolutely love my sprengers. They are so comfortable and stop my joints aching even on really long hacks/ days out hunting etc.

However, I do find them quite heavy and as others have also mentioned previously I do sometimes lose my stirrups because of this. I have just ordered a pair of Jins to try so I will watch this thread with interest.

sarahann1

Visit site
Never ridden with Jins, but I have with Sprenger bow balance, never had bother with losing them and I always felt comfortable riding with them. They're on my shopping list for when I finally get a new horse.

cazzy

Visit site
The JIN stirrups on ebay for around £30 are copies..not the real ones.
The Italian company that make JIN stirrups are trying to stop these ones as they are using the JIN name and nothing to with them.
Buyer Beware!

CBAnglo

Visit site
I have both the sprengers and the Jin and I prefer the jin. They are much wider (even than the bow balance) and your foot does not slip even with wet soles etc (but I only have regular rubber tread and not chesse graters in my sprengers).

I have changed all of my dressage saddles to jin stirrups now, but have the bow balance ones on the jump saddles (although I have also jumped in the jins).

Fat_Pony

Visit site
How do fake jin and real jin compare? I can't justify £135 on stirrups for hacking and schooling 2 baby horses, bit I do want a lightweight stirrup with a very wide foot bed. Anyone had a look at both?

nikkimariet

Visit site
How do fake jin and real jin compare? I can't justify £135 on stirrups for hacking and schooling 2 baby horses, bit I do want a lightweight stirrup with a very wide foot bed. Anyone had a look at both?

What about the Equi-Wing irons? I had those before my Jins, they were v light with a nice wide tread. Unfortunately they didn't come narrow enough for me.