JMS Horseboxes, Sevenoaks, Kent

Barlow

Visit site
Hello

I have seen several adverts for horseboxes made by JMS Horseboxes (John Stevens) in Sevenoaks, Kent. They seem like reasonable boxes but as they are not a company I have heard of, I would be really grateful if anyone here could share their experience of them? Via PM if necessary! Thanks so much

Nicnac

Visit site
Never heard of them and am just up the road. They are very cheap and say they are approved but don't say who by!

Kent Horseboxes (Equistar) have a good rep and are in neighbouring village.

Frumpoon

Visit site
I've been warned off them by a very experienced horsebox mechanic and dealer, very cheaply made with a number of shortcuts

junglefairy

Visit site
I've been looking at JMS too, have been considering visiting with a mechanic like I would if I was buying second hand. The boxes do look quite flimsy though and they're almost half the price of most new conversions which makes me think if it looks too good to be true it probably is!

Given the price of the boxes they also seem to have trouble shifting them which rings alarm bells.

Baser on the above and Frumpoon's reply I'll probably just avoid them altogether.

Barlow

Visit site
Jungle fairy - agreed, I am not going to be pursuing anything with them. Have also found whworld but it's up in Sheffield. Looks good but would need to see the build in the flesh before buying. There's so many builders out there it's hard to know who to trust!

ann thomson

New User
Visit site
I went to see JMS Horseboxes of Sevenoaks on Thursday I found them very help full to the point I have decided to purchase my new horsebox from them.
Looking forward to the phone to say it is ready for collection:)

junglefairy

Visit site
I never went to see JMS in the end so can't comment on them. However, I have just bought a racemaster and have to say it's obviously (even to the inexperienced horseboxer like me) more sturdy than some others I've looked at. So worth checking a few in the flesh first.

elliemum

Visit site
I never went to see JMS in the end so can't comment on them. However, I have just bought a racemaster and have to say it's obviously (even to the inexperienced horseboxer like me) more sturdy than some others I've looked at. So worth checking a few in the flesh first.

Thanks junglefairy. I am not 100% convinced of their quality so am just going to give them a miss. Racemaster do look great :)