jockey does a zidane

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Or trainers running lame/unfit horses, which i think is even worse!!

I mean i can be the biggest tree hugger of them all, i'm really soft when it comes to horses (all animils really) and even i can't see the problem with this!!
And some peoples reactions above are way OTT IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention that. Report in todays Racing Post summing up the HRA review of Cheltenham. Apparently the vets found 5 out of the 9 dead horses to have previous injuries. Stress fractures and suchlike.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Well that's a whole different thread/arguement in itself!!!

I remember Priceless (top event horse of yesteryear) wining a big event somewhere (like a 3*) he had then also qualified for a big SJing class at say HOYS.. a week/few days before said SJing class, rider felt he wasn't 'quite right' only a slight niggle which i'm sure alot of trainers nowadays wouldn't care about.. anyway, he was X-rayed and round to have a hairline fracture, which had he jumped/been a racehorse and run on it obviously could have resulted in much worse.....

Maloo

Visit site
John O'Shea the trainer of the horse in question said something very truthfull - if the horse had carried on pratting about and the jockey was seriously hurt (or worse) would the papers / radio even have mentioned it? He feels that its all blown out of proportion and will certainly use the jockey again - I think we need to get off our high horses and think - can we all honestly say that we have NEVER used a whip, or really booted our horses when its p**d you off pratting around refusing to go forward????
Sorry but I am with MissDeMeena on this.
Maloo

twinnieolz

Visit site
he was silly too head but the horse, im sure it taught the paul o'neill a lesson, he porbably did more damage to himself then the horse and to be honest i don't think he head butted horse that hard, but anyways he said he was sorry and obviuoselt regrets it, im sure he won't be doing that again for long!!
tongue.gif