Jockeys & masks

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just got the racing on in the background while I'm working and in the current race the winning jockey and possibly a couple of the others weren't wearing their masks at the end of the race, are they allowed to pull them down once they get going as long as they put them back on when they've finished?
It must be quite restrictive to wear them during the race but some of them had kept them on throughout the race which is why I'm asking if he was allowed to remove it during the race?

bonny

Visit site
Just got the racing on in the background while I'm working and in the current race the winning jockey and possibly a couple of the others weren't wearing their masks at the end of the race, are they allowed to pull them down once they get going as long as they put them back on when they've finished?
It must be quite restrictive to wear them during the race but some of them had kept them on throughout the race which is why I'm asking if he was allowed to remove it during the race?
No, they are not allowed to remove them

Mule

Visit site
I'd say it's an unconscious reaction because they would be sweating afterwards. I was spraying weedkiller recently so was wearing a mask. It was a really hot day and I took it off a couple of times without even thinking about it.

Jill's Gym Karma

Visit site
I wonder if they'd slipped down and the jockey didn't want to take a hand off the reins to try and push it back up. They do look awfully hot and impractical (for sport), but I'm sure they'll put up with it for the sake of a partial return to normality.

Looking forward to the Guineas this weekend.

Visit site
Don’t think so, but they are being tested twice a week. Not sure that jockeys are?

They aren't tested but have to fill in a health declaration form each week, have their temp taken at the races as soon as they arrive and anyone with so much of a sniffle is sent straight home.

Nicnac

Visit site
Well footballers should be wearing masks too - they get up close and personal. Wouldn't trust them to be truthful on a health declaration - haven't half of them been flouting social distancing rules already?