Jodphurs suggestions please

HelenBack

Visit site
I've just had to retire my favourite jods and am struggling to find a new pair that I like. Apparently they don't make them how I like them anymore!

Ideally I want cotton as I don't find nylon or polyester as comfortable. I hate sticky bums so all all the gel is no good for me, although I don't mind gel knees. I don't mind whether it's a sock bottom or velcro but don't want turn ups. And I prefer a mid or high waist.

I'm pretty pear shaped and find a lot of jods gape at the waist if they fit my thighs. Dublins seem to be the worst for this.

I don't mind spending a reasonable amount but would have to be persuaded to go over about £75 unless they were really good and were going to last for years.

Has anybody got any suggestions? Does what I want exist??

Cob Life

Visit site
I don’t know when Aldi have horse stuff back in? their jods are cotton but not sticky.

Ive got a cotton pair from horze as well, they are sticky bum (that’s all I wear) but might be worth looking if they have any that aren’t sticky?

Im a similar shape to you and they fit me pretty well. (More hourglass with a small waist, but big thighs!)

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I have a pair of Shires Wessex and I'm sure they were about £20. They're mid-waist and I wish they were a little higher but they're fine for me (who likes a high waist). They're totally cotton, no gel stuff. They're long enough for my long legs (34" inside) but wouldn't need turned up for most, I don't think. I have a proper big bum (and sizeable thighs) and there's zero gape (I also suffer from serious gape in most things so struggle to find bottoms) which is excellent! For the money, they're bang on.

HelenBack

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, there's a few options there that look promising and also not too pricey. I didn't realise Gorringe were still going!

I've looked at the Flexars before and am quite tempted as they do look comfortable and the waist is super high ?. The only thing I wonder about though is if they're warm enough in winter? They look like they might be quite thin.

CMcC

Visit site
Flexars are not thin. I find them fine for normal winter temperature, if very cold - below freezing all day- put a pair of tights on underneath.

HelenBack

Visit site
Flexars are not thin. I find them fine for normal winter temperature, if very cold - below freezing all day- put a pair of tights on underneath.

That's good to know, thanks. I can be a bit of a wimp and get cold legs and bum in the winter and prefer not to have tights on underneath. Sounds like they'd be mostly okay though.

Harry Hall, if you are a member of their one club you get them cheaper. very comfy.

Yes, I am, and had been looking at them here for the cheaper price!

Are you open to trying riding tights? I did and would never go back as so, so comfortable.

I'm not sure. If they're thick enough then that would be fine but all the ones I've seen have been quite flimsy. Apart from the cold legs issue I've seen quite a few people in them our yard and they're not very good at concealing the cellulite! If they were a robust enough material that would be okay though ?.

JulesRules

Visit site
I recently bought some nice cotton ones in the sale from super x country. Grippy knees but not sticky bum. They aren't hugely high on the waist but fine over my love handles, especially when I add a belt