Joining Riding Clubs

Neddies

Visit site
Bit of a funny question but I just wondered it's ok to belong to more than one riding club?

I already belong to one but another R.C local to me is having some members only dressage over the winter which I would like to take part in, my current riding club doesn't do much over the winter but has good summer stuff!

Law

Visit site
You can join as many as you like but can only compete on the teams of one
smile.gif

TiaPony

Visit site
Yup, it's fine
smile.gif
I alternate between the PC and RC as West Surrey do a dressage series and Chidd. Farmers are great for SJ and training
smile.gif

spike123

Visit site
it is fine to join more than one club but you can only compete for them at different disciplines,ie you could showjump for one and dressage for the other but not do the same for both.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Actually you can only compete for one Affiliated Club at National/Area qualifiers in their calendar year. I think the 'new year' starts after the Lincolnshire Champs. You certainly can't compete for one Club in one discipline and another for another.

Zebedee

Visit site
Competition year runs from 1st April to the 31st March the following year, & as already said you can only represent one club in official competitions in any one competition year.
Hunter Trials, Novice Indoor SJ, & Winter team dressage are all 'winter competions, & are run in the latter part of the competition year, so for instance even if your area qualifier is held prior to 31st March 2008, & the finals take place after the 1st April 2008 it is still a 2007 competition.
Now had you have qualified for club A in a winter qualifer held prior to 31st March you can still represent them in the finals, even if after 1st of April you have joined & represented club B in a summer competition qualifer.