Joint/mobility supplements, which would you recommend?

HBBambee

Visit site
Hi, just wondering if you lovely people would be able to suggest some joint/mobility supplements for my mare.
She is 17ys TB x Selle Francais and shes in full work doing BD.
She has been coming out of the stable in the mornings a bit stiff, maybe due to the colder weather and her age.
She is out in the day and is either hacked for 1.5 hours or schooled for 40mins- an hour.
So I was thinking of putting her back on a supplement, when we first had her at 14yrs she was on cortaflex, but took her off it as she didnt really need it then.
What products have you used that have actually worked and you've seen/felt an improvement.
Thankyou in advance

vonno

www.celticqh.com
I use Equiflex from VetVits. It works on my mare who has been left with a bit of arthiritis in her knee after an accident. Reasonable too @ £17.95 for 2 months supply.

Marquire

Visit site
I have used Superflex for my Boy for the last 4 years as a preventative measure- He's 15 now and is feeling great- He had a two week break from it about a year ago when I was on holiday and the yard girls forgot to add it to his feeds- when I got back and rode him he felt really different, not lame just less willing to go forwards or sideways. I mentioned it to the girls on the yard and one of them admitted to forgetting to add it to his feed- a week later on a loading dose and he was back to normal.

Marquire

Vetwrap

Visit site
I use Aviform's Suppleaze Gold, they nearly always have a 3 for 2 offer on so is very good value.

This one for us as well. 22 year old ex masters horse - better on this for a while, but did ultimately have to go onto half a sachet of bute twice daily following diagnosis of athritic changes, mainly in his knees.

At the time of prescription, the vet did say that I would be better feeding the suppleasze to my youngster, as with these things, prevention is better than a cure.

Apparently there are only a couple of joint supplments that have any veterinary research behind them - and they are very expensive and prescribed by the vet.

This may not be accurate, but the horse is sound, hacking and happy on one sachet of bute a day and I can't see it will do him much harm at his age, weight and size.

JMHO

K27

Visit site
Out of all of the joint supplements I've tried on mine, they've felt the best when they are on either Newmarket Joint Supplement -or Cortaflex, which is what they've been on for the last year and I can feel and notice an improvement in them when they are on it, I'm not worried about ingredients or trials, I just go by how they feel.

spaniel

Visit site
Ive used a fair few over the years and keep going back to Corta Vet. It seems expensive when you have to lash out for it but a tub last ages and IME it does help a great deal.

AfricanBeauty

Visit site
Both my horses in work are on Vet vits Equiflex and I've really noticed a difference. My mare has mild OCD in her hind fetlocks and after having treatment the vet suggested putting her on a supplement to help maintain what she has got while the condition is not too bad, and hopefully keep her working longer. She is definately more confortable on it and when I ran out for a couple of days a month ago I noticed her feeling more stiff. 17 y/o ex racer/ex eventer now dressage horse also on it due to his age and he feels like a youngster! Would definately recommend it.

Regan

Visit site
Cortavet for me too! Plus your vet can presribe it so insurance should pay out for it if you had an ongoing claim!