Joint supplememnts and injury advice

hotheaded

Visit site
www.riaflex-equine.co.uk

Hi was searching the web the other day and came across this new website. Needed information on a joint injury that my friends horse has. The website offers free advice an all equine injuries amongst other stuff, from a qualified equine therapist. There are also therapy grade joint supplememnts on there too. Loads of useful info on joints etc. Worth checking out if you have 5 minutes.
Any other good web sites let me know. I like knowing there are different places to look for fab info.

GTs

Visit site
spam.jpg

hotheaded

Visit site
No I'm not the therapsit but know them. Just trying to help them out. Obviously gone about it in the wrong way. Sorry if this came across too enthusiastically. But I do believe it does have useful info on there regardless of products.
blush.gif

Beanyowner

Visit site
Ahh I see...it just seemed like a bit of a sales ploy!

Next time you'd be better off just saying "this is my friends website...its quite interesting, please have a look!"
laugh.gif

hotheaded

Visit site
I think the web site is meant to provide you with information so you can make a more educated decision and understand what to look for on all equine joint product labels. All the info provided is scientifically proven so aims to make these subjects a little clearer for the equine lover. I guess it's meant to make your life a little easier in terms of easy access to qualified info.
smile.gif

aran

community.webshots.com
I think 'All the info provided is scientifically proven' is maybe a little strong. There is some evidence but it is still very lacking and researchers are still very much in the dark about how supplements can help joints. If they do have good scientific research backing their claims then they should reference there website (ie after each statement put (author et al. year) and have a link to the full reference). all research should be from proper pier review journals (not magazines, websites, some random american vet periodical that no ones heard of and can't get a copy of which so often happens.

'easy access to qualified info' - that is the difficulty - the info is easy access however it is biased as they sell a product.
There was an article in EVJ on the evaluation of glucosamine in commercial oral supplements and the results were amazing. most didnt contain what they said and only 2/32 had useful quantities. Consumers are being taken for a ride with reguard to supplements and its about time proper guid lines were introduced to protect them.

hotheaded

Visit site
Fair comments and I completely agree with regards to journals etc. Perhaps the website should log them? I too feel passionately about how so many people are taken for a ride on joint supplements. I find it quite disturbing that often companies hugely under dose with consumers unaware due to lack of guidelines. Even more disgusting are the products that lie about what is in their products. It does indeed create a question mark over most leading brands. Who can you trust?
In my experience by reading the labels on endless joint supplements the majority of brands fall foul to hugely underdosing. This is a big problem in the human market for these products as well.
I can tell you that this website was set up not to be biased and sell products off the back off the information, but to provide an honest product that contains the right dosage and contains exactly what stated. Frustrated by the current industry and lack of honest products basically sparked my friend into passionately trying to provide good advice along side an honest product.
Your comments are however useful and I will pass them on.
smile.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I didn`t look at the joint supplements but I looked at the stretches and stuff, which was interesting as am having problems with mare at moment and I do stretches and there are a couple that would help her that I don`t do, so I found it good, thanks Healthy.

hotheaded

Visit site
Hi there,
I am so sorry to hear that you have had no reply. I know that she replies within a few hours of any e mails she receives so I would say that she hasn't received your mail. Try again if you have time I'm sure you will get through. If she doesn't reply it's because your message isn't getting through. I think she has also had trouble with people putting in the wrong e mail address so she can't send messages back as the email is incorrect so double check you type everything in right.
Hope you have some luck
smile.gif

hotheaded

Visit site
Before I forget there was a post on one of the other forums FAO Sharron Taylor. As apparantly the e mail for her was not accepting replies. Don't know if this is any help to anyone!

Peanot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I emailed this site with a question regarding arthritic joints and recommended products/dosing, as I find getting as many opinions as possible helps...not heard anything yet
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed and got a very long informative e-mail within a couple of hours. Well impressed with the info.
grin.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Thanks for the site, i have book marked it, as you said in the first post, i am like you and am always interested in having a read round whether its someone you know or not,i dont care,jsut good to share info,even if you dont agree with it in the end after a read
smile.gif

jamesc

New User
Visit site
I have tried Glucosamine supplements for my mare and they were useless. Glucosamine takes ages to work, it has no anti-inflammmatory action. Chondriotin is sourced from shark cartilage so I dont agree with it.

You need Green Lipped Mussel which actually can make a difference. The company I get mine from use Whittle college consultants to trial their products with results and tech info for you to read. www.maxavita.com

So I dont believe she knows a great deal. Good site but not really that different from others.