Joint supplement recommendations?

Casey76

Visit site
With the change of weather, my two are clicking up a storm, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a joint supplement.

Turmeric does nothing for mine (no differences in range of movement, clickiness, or facial expressions), and I won’t feed chondroitin unless it is guaranteed vegetarian.

Squeak

Visit site
Have a look at GWF's joint aid. All the horses that I've known,including mine who've tried it have been much better on it. Can't reccomend enough.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
boswellia? helped F for quite a long time.
I genuinely don't believe the glucosamine/chon/MSM ones do anything :p

ponyparty

Visit site
Piggybacking onto this....
I've got B on Science Supplements FlexAbility Plus at the moment. Started about 6 weeks ago, can't get loading dose into him as he hates the taste and kicks his feed across the stable, so he's just on normal maintenance dose. That is based on MSM/glucosamine/chondroitin etc, i thought this was the best thing for joints but perhaps I'm mistaken.
Keep seeing people raving about 4cyte - anyone got any experience with this? Good/bad/ineffective?

AGray825

Visit site
I stick by PremierFlex HA or PremierFlex Plus (if they're feeling really sore as it contains Devil's Claw) by Equine Answers. Seems to help my ones (both my older active mare and my youngster with a recently healed pedal bone break that reached the coffin joint)

SEL

Visit site
Tried 4cyte when everyone was raving about it and saw no difference. Got S on boswellia right now.

Casey - given you're in the same position as me with arthritic PSSM horses, just google whatever you go with and check how it works on blood sugar levels. I swear 6 months on turmeric stuffed up my mare badly because I didn't know it increases insulin sensitivity.

Casey76

Visit site
I’ve just restarted them both on Equestrizone FlexiMover, which is boswellia, ginger, msm and glucosamine - and theoretically potentially very wrong for P1 types, however they are now both clicking less with no overt decrease to exercise tolerance... will constantly evaluate.