Joint supplements?

floradora09

Visit site
Hi, :)

I've got a 15 yo TB, who I'm thinking of starting on a joint supplement, to help prevent joint damage as he enters his older years, because he will hopefully be doing quite a bit of competing and I'd like to do some eventing. I need a good, effective supplement that won't break the bank too much! Superflex? Equiflex? Cortaflex?

Thank you! :D xx

Marilyn

Visit site
My mare's currently on Equimins' Glucoflex 10,000 (or something like that). As I'm feeding it to her to prevent problems rather than fix/deal with issues, it's lots cheaper than any of those you've mentioned because it doesn't have chondroitin sulphate. Give them a ring and have a chat. that's what I did.

alpha1

Visit site
A lot of people I know swear by Cortaflex.

I feed Codlivine Joint Supplement as my horse doesnt have a problem but just to try and prevent any that may arise, its not too expensive either.

Vikki89

Visit site
I use Equine America's Glucosamine plus MSM for my 17yr old pony and is doing well on it so would recommend that (also onlt around £15 and last ages). He has also been on NAF superflex in the past which was also good.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I've used most of the ones mentioned - no results. I now use Aviform Suppleaze gold - go to www.aviform.co.uk. They offer 3 for 2 on it, so its worth trying. I put my TB gelding on it at the age of 18 and he seems better than he used to be - now 20 and still doing dressage.....I also feed him cod liver oil in winter to help his joints and ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory so he has a few cubes of crystallised ginger in his feed (takes a while to get them used to it - I had to start with ginger nuts!)

DebbieW

New User
Visit site
I use Extraflex HA from Feedmark. Available by phone or internet and arrives the next day. My mare is 27 and has been on a joint supplement since she was about 15.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I have been feeding my old girl on super codlivine supple joint formula (the liquid) ever since she was about 15. She's now 34 and still in gentle work and can still happily do some basic lateral work (another thing that I think helps). Who knows if it has worked or if she would have been like it anyway, but I'm not stopping now!

JessandCharlie

Visit site
I know I always say it, but having seen the results and felt them for myself (Have taken human versions) I can vouch for the fact that equi-elements and maxavita are like magic!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
My girl has been on Cortaflex for about 3 years now. She is getting stiff on one side so I have just changed her onto Aviform Suppleaze Gold, it is a stronger concentrate than Cortaflex and cheaper. It comes highly recommended and the fingers crossed they help my girl a little bit more. The refill pouch actually works out a bit cheaper than the buy 2 get one free at the moment.

mudmonkey17

Visit site
I have used blue chip dynamic to my boy in the past with good results. At the moment am using devils relief with superflex and am so pleased with the results of this, my boy has never been so supple x

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Hi, :)

I've got a 15 yo TB, who I'm thinking of starting on a joint supplement, to help prevent joint damage as he enters his older years, because he will hopefully be doing quite a bit of competing and I'd like to do some eventing. I need a good, effective supplement that won't break the bank too much! Superflex? Equiflex? Cortaflex?

Thank you! :D xx

Have a read through this thread it may be of some help

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=368448&highlight=arthritis+supplements