Jointed Nathe Bits - Experiences/Reviews?

Willow1306

Visit site
My horse currently goes very well in his straight bar loose ring Nathe, however I am now needing a little more precision for turns jumping. I've tried him in an NS starter bit and a basic Myler eggbutt, but he's just not as happy and can be quite sensitive in them. He's not a strong horse, so that isn't a worry.

I'm therefore wondering about a jointed Nathe, but I can't really find any reviews about them and i'm too poor to just pay out for one without it being a well informed decision.

Would appreciate any reviews.

Fiona

Visit site
How about a jointed happy mouth bit??

My wee TB mare was a bit heavy in the hand in a nathe outside the school, and I found she went great in a double jointed happy mouth loose ring (it has a plastic roller in the middle joint - event dressage legal too)

Fiona

Roxylola

Visit site
I had a nathe dutch gag for my lad for jumping in, he was quite happy in it. He was a big lad and fine in a snaffle the rest of the time but I am only little and found he was inclined to grab hold and charge off jumping. It meant I could hold with a much lighter hand rather than a tug of war. Mine had a roller in the middle too.

Willow1306

Visit site
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of happy mouths - I don't think the material is as nice as the nathes.

I might see if my local tack shop has a jointed one in that I can look at, to see how the joint is in RL.

old hand

Visit site
My niece used one only at shows so it was used about 20 times and it broke causing a nasty fall. I researched on the internet and found four other cases so I will not use them. The horse is not strong, very light in fact.