Joules clothing going into administration

Bobthecob15

Visit site
latterly I think thew quality of their products has gone downhill. Sad to see it go though.
Totally agree, the quality isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be sadly, their Breton tops used to last years but now they are super thin and found they shrink.

Another company doing too much, they should have focused on their staples but they have diversified so much now.

Crew is terrible!! Their clothes do not wash well at all, really poor.

Such a shame for the staff on the run up to Christmas

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Info for anyone who may have outstanding orders due from Joules.

Lisa Webb, consumer rights expert at Which?, said: “The news that Joules is entering administration will be devastating for its employees, as well as a real concern for customers with orders placed – as exercising your rights is not always straightforward in these circumstances.

“When a company is in administration, it may not accept the return of items.

“Many customers may find themselves in a situation where items have not been delivered. It is always worth trying to claim for a refund in these situations, but customers should know it is not guaranteed. The cost of repairs for faulty items could still be claimed if they came with a warranty.

“If you’ve bought something on your credit card costing more than £100, the card provider is jointly responsible for any breaches of contract.

“You can claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act if the item is faulty or not delivered.

“If you paid for goods that cost less than £100 on a credit or debit card, you may be able to claim under chargeback.”

Orangehorse

Visit site
It started with the founder selling at country shows, then it was hit badly by foot and mouth and so started to open shops.

Has it been taken over and the original Mr. Joules gone?

I have a few Joules things in my wardrobe, although I found that lately they seemed to be fashion wear and didn't wash or last very well.

teapot

Visit site
It started with the founder selling at country shows, then it was hit badly by foot and mouth and so started to open shops.

Has it been taken over and the original Mr. Joules gone?

I have a few Joules things in my wardrobe, although I found that lately they seemed to be fashion wear and didn't wash or last very well.

Tom Joule floated the company a few years ago. Not sure how much control he kept, if any.

smiggy

Visit site
I’m really hoping that they are planning on dispatching orders, as they are still taking orders on the website

dogatemysalad

Visit site
It's sad to see the decline of Joules. The coffee shop in MH used to be my favourite place with the old brown labador greeting every vistor in the hopes of sharing some of their fabulous cakes, followed by a visit to the clothes shop next door.
In the early days, the clothes were such good quality. I still have coats and tops that are 20 years old. It was disappointing to see the quality and designs go down hill as the company expanded. Like so many other businesses, they expand, sell poorer products, have a few boom years and then when the customers notice the difference, the brand goes to the wall.

Billyandme

Visit site
Sorry to see Joules going under but as others have said quality has nosedived..

As for the comments about the youngsters in white skinny jeans, holland cooper and Fairfax and favour boots. How the heck do they afford them,. 150 quid for a Schoffel gilet, 400 quid for a pair of Fairfax and favour boots. It's eye-watering the prices. I thought we were in a recession.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
who'll be next I wonder. Schoffel look seriously overpriced and everywhere I look Fat face has adverts ,wonder how they are doing, stuggling? or not? I find Crew clothing to be poor quality sadly.

I really like Schoffel, but even sale prices are high. Fat Face is reasonable and I can usually find something nice from there. The clothes fit and wash well. It's nice every day wear.
Disappointed in Crew and Seasalt. Some of the clothes that I've bought in the last year were lovely until I washed them. Don't know what's happened to the fabrics and dyes they using, but they don't seem fond of my washing machine.
I'm running out of choices....

ihatework

Visit site

As for the comments about the youngsters in white skinny jeans, holland cooper and Fairfax and favour boots. How the heck do they afford them,. 150 quid for a Schoffel gilet, 400 quid for a pair of Fairfax and favour boots. It's eye-watering the prices. I thought we were in a recession.

Normal people are in a recession.
Trust fund kids aren’t.

lannerch

Visit site

No idea but they do , even those on minimum wage I think the secret is they still live at home

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I am visiting a city for a few days and came upon a Joules shop this afternoon.
The window display announced the administrators were in charge and a sale was in progress. I went inside. There was nothing of interest.
Too many tops with dark flowers round the neckline and the same boring stripes.