joules clothing

scrat

Visit site
I like this clothing but they have excluded me (and a few people I know) by changing their sizes. I am not a small person and I would buy a top in XL in the past but the largest size now is a size 18. Apparently these are the new "model" sizes whatever that means! After enquiring they say that they always found that the larger sizes were left unsold. I see that they have also diversified into flowery biscuit tins and houshold items. Why don't they stick to clothes? Anyway I didn't really like their attitude. Maybe they don't think us larger ladies are the right image for their clothes??

clipclop

Visit site
Always a difficult subject for us big gals but I can't see anyone cutting out a product that sells really well and makes money?

I don't think it is an image problem either as it is a thriving brand name.
crazy.gif

Very frustrating, I know, but, I guess we could always lose weight
tongue.gif

Cheers
C x
smile.gif

Honeypots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Always a difficult subject for us big gals but I can't see anyone cutting out a product that sells really well and makes money?

I don't think it is an image problem either as it is a thriving brand name.
crazy.gif

Very frustrating, I know, but, I guess we could always lose weight
tongue.gif

Cheers
C x
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is - not all size 18's are overweight.

scrat

Visit site
I agree. They need to accomodate bust size which may be larger!
Some time ago I read that 60 percent of ladies were a size 16 or above. Don't know if that still stands but it has taken the clothing industry a long time to realise the market.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am a size 12 and have to buy a medium or sometimes a large in Joules as their tops come up so small. I love their clothes but it does pee me off when they make clothes smaller and put a bigger label in them. I mean what is the point you just lose customers who need the larger sizes (like I used to!)

Lets hope they re-evaluate their new sizing policy

clipclop

Visit site
I know, nor are we shapeless flumps!!
mad.gif
A lot of clothing manufacturers seem to think that.

Kind of off topic, but,I tell you what, that "How to look good naked" programme was a breath of fresh air!!
smile.gif

clipclop

Visit site
My sister is a very tall gal who is a size 12 hips etc, but because of her boobs (Not, actually that massive in proportion to her height) she has to wear a 16 up top!!
crazy.gif

You look at young teenagers now, they are wayyyyyy more curvy than we were at that age. Bigger boobs and bums.

Cheers
C x

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Their attitude?? Lol, I bought a top in their sale, in the main shop, and the lady said "oh, you can't bring this back if you have a problem as it's sale stock". i really liked the top, so didnt think any more of it, till i washed it and loads of tiny holes appeared all over it! I took it back and the snooty lady told me to basically get lost.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
ooo I loved that programme.

Am also rather large in the boob department and it makes buying clothes difficult.
I bought myself a Joules top in the summer, size 14 but is really too small but i will make it look better on me!!
I then got another joules top later on and it fits fine, just a different style

alisonpook

Visit site
Have just purchased some items today from the Joules stand at Burghley that are size 20 (from the new autumn range). Some of the designs are also a "fuller fit" that help to provide a couple of extra inches. Their website shows the sizes available for each design - although agree the horizontal stripes are best avoided by the fuller figure.

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I bought a top in their sale, in the main shop, and the lady said "oh, you can't bring this back if you have a problem as it's sale stock". i really liked the top, so didnt think any more of it, till i washed it and loads of tiny holes appeared all over it! I took it back and the snooty lady told me to basically get lost.

[/ QUOTE ] They are not allowed to do that! They are within their rights to say you can't bring it back if you decide you don't like it, but if the clothes are faulty then you have legal rights whether they were bought in the sale or not. (I am assuming you washed the top according to their washing instructions!)