JR Leg Tremors? Advice Please

Sheri

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently looking after my Nan's JR whilst they are on holiday:

First off I feel I should mention that we always thought my Gramp baby'd him and exagerated any minor limp etc and we are always on to him about his weight....

I have had him 3 days now and have noticed that when ever he sits down (always sits on his thigh with legs both legs to one side (like a fat dog sits - but hes not fat anymore)) his back legs trembles like he is sitting on a nerve.

He also has quite a bit of trouble getting up my back step into the house (about 6") ok with the front but the back legs not so good.

At the moment he is coming up the farm with me and running in the fields with my dogs, but not so long back he refused to go for walks with my Gramp just sits and says no!

He gets quite limpy on one front leg and the vet can't find anything (we all used to think it was from going on sofa and the jump off not being v good for him) he's been on Metacam and currently Devils Claw.

Not sure if this is anything to do with it but he's always had a really rubbish appatite (nan cooks him chicken which he can take or leave) only really eats when family dogs are there eating too.

He gets problems with his feet the orange fur and licking etc but we think this is to do him getting bits of white toast.

Hes happy in himself and gets really excited and is pretty fit.

Any ideas/ help would be great so I can suggest them to my vet!

Thank in advance

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Just take the dog to the vets and they will give a full examination from top to bottom.... could be lots of things going on.

Inappetance due to rotten tooth/gum disease/ or spoiling with treats

trembling due to pain, excitement, weakness, nerves, illness

Same for the poor back end.. could be arthritis or neurological

Lame front end could be neck or anything and the chronic licking of the feet can be nerves tingling, boredom, habit, anal glands, contact allergy, the list is endless, pop him in for an MOT Xx

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Might be a symptom of luxating patella which is common in JRTS.
What age is he? What food is he on? Feet licking can be a sign of a food sensitivity (usually a rocket-fuel type food like Bakers)

Agree a good once-over at the vets would be helpful.

Sheri

Visit site
Thanks both, yes I will take him to vets.

He's 5 years old, fed on dried Chappie (a very small amount) with chicken.

I will keep you all updated