Judge Rinder -Loan case

DressageCob

Visit site
OK so tell me about Judge Rinder (apart from hes on strictly) do the cases on the telly have legal force.

The decisions on their own, no. But I suspect that in order to take part one has to sign a contract agreeing to be bound by his decisions. That way if you don't do what he decides then you are in breach of contract and the contract can be enforced against you in court.

holeymoley

Visit site
I haven't seen the programme or read the whole page , but I'm currently studying contract law and agree with everything said from HeresHoping on page 1.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Dying to know what happened the horse too, should he not have gotten it back? I wonder if the new owner knows of the events too..

Very interesting all the same.

HeresHoping

Visit site
I haven't seen the programme or read the whole page , but I'm currently studying contract law and agree with everything said from HeresHoping on page 1.

I should hope so... or my clients will desert me. :D

Am not a lawyer, though. I do a fair amount of paralegal work for self-employed solicitors - you know, the horrendous task of amending precedents and helping witnesses to write their statements (commercial law, rather than civil stuff). I am expected to have some knowledge. And I'm married to a commercial litigator who does an enormous amount on contract breaches (large and small) when he's not beating up certain [ahem] energy sector departments [coughs].

Although it transpires it was a bit more than a simple loan breach.

michelledud

Visit site
I have three horses, all have passports issued at birth, but only one has all previous owners details in, and that's for the pony I bought direct from the breeder! (Which I have updated to my details). He will never be sold but I wanted his passport in my name.

When I looked at updating my ISH passport the cost was ridiculous, again as he will never be sold I haven't bothered so far due to the cost, and I probably never will unless it is needed for a specific reason.

I am currently looking to update my welshie' passport as she will be sold on at some point, but have been told I either have to trace every owner and get a signed paper trail, or contact a solicitor regarding a Statutory Declaration and apply for the change (incurring solicitors fees).

If there is no legal requirement for owners to update passports, (and there are cost implications) many won't bother!

michelledud

Visit site
I certainly didnt have to trace previous owners of my cob, just sent in the paperwork and cash !

Really??? I phoned them last week and that's what they told me 😢
Or do you mean the solicitors form...did you not have to take it to a solicitor to sign?