Judging...

Sneezy

Visit site
...general question really! After being under some erm "interesting" judges this season (showing) I was wondering how you go about getting into judging (both little local shows and big county ones). Its something that I'd quite like to get into
smile.gif

Thanks x

Kenzo

Visit site
Contact some non local riding clubs...ones that are not in your area (for obvious reasons) and put your name forward, its suprising how many clubs will actually contact you or put you down as a reserve, also stewarding at county level shows will buy you some judging appointments, you usually have to do so much stewarding with certain judges to qualify you to judge at county level/Agricultrual shows etc
smile.gif

spottybotty

Visit site
sneezy at local level just let people know you are available at affiliated you need to be a member of a "Society" for so many years depending on which one and then have to become a probationer.I am really interested at becoming an affiliated judge so i have started stewarding at some big shows.I also think with some society`s you have to be over a certain age!

pelly

Visit site
for big shows, apply the the SHB(GB). you will need a reference from a registered judge before application can be accepted. Then, you will be given a Date (mine was at Robert olivers) where you will have a Assesment test. You will ride first then, a horse will be "stripped down" and you will take notes. Next, you will be "interviewed" about your showing experience, Asked about the "stripped down" horse. What you thought of it? , Was it lame? Where you would place a horse with a minor defect (ie, Capped hock, a cough,)
All this in front of TOP Judges. you wont hear if youve passed on the day.Theyll send you a letter or phone call.

For Un aff Shows, contacted the organisers. Have you any local Societys such as SWPA?(South west pony association) Try them as well

Puppy

Visit site
What an interesting thread
smile.gif

I would love to get into judging, but really not sure I would ever manage it....
smile.gif