Juding Of A Working Terrier Class

digging_girl

New User
Visit site
Hi All :)

Its my local horse show this coming sunday, and they have added an additional dog show too. I would really like to enter my pooch into a few classes, and I need a bit of advice as to what I will be judged on.
Bramble is a 7 year old Jack Russell x Patterdale. Im thinking of entering him into The working terrier and best cross breed classes. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this so I thought I'd give it a bash. Bramble is a retired digging dog who had 3 good seasons with our hunt, but unfortunately he has the scars to show for it on his chin, and is missing a tooth at the front. Do you think this will affect any chances of being placed? And what will he be judged on in both classes?
photos

I would apprechiate any advice you can give :)

Copperpot

Visit site
Sorry meant to say deduct marks for injuries received from working. They will pick him up and span him, look at quality of coat, look at teeth etc. Then you walk him around on the lead. That's all I've ever had to do in those classes anyway. Good luck :)

Copperpot

Visit site
He may well be if this isn't a class for working terriers. Depends how harsh they are judging it. But in the working classes he def won't be. Working shows have a few classes he could enter. Fell type terrier, entered terrier etc. and best veteran if they are over 7 :) Have to let us know how you get on :)

digging_girl

New User
Visit site
Thank you so much for this, I think I'll only enter him in the working terrier class then. You have been a great help, and I shall let you know how we got on! :) thank you once again