Julian Barnfield

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I was sorry to hear it - but not surprised! For a true professional like Julian to have to play second fiddle to an Amateur - it rarely works! It SAYS he's 'retired' (???)

I just hope he got good legal advice - he WAS effecively made redundant - and it should have cost the Heythrop quite a lot of money to dump him! You CAN'T just downgrade a long-serving employee and hope they leave!!

Hunters

Visit site
Heard today on the hunting field that he wasn't happy with certain matters. Also heard he was paid £60 k? Hope he got the £££ but who paid it ?

Vulpinator

Visit site
Heard today on the hunting field that he wasn't happy with certain matters. Also heard he was paid £60 k? Hope he got the £££ but who paid it ?

Unfortunately it seems like the thrust is to replace proffessionals with Amateurs this is a regretable move and will only serve to make Hunting a second rate sport. Maybe the MFHA under its new Director will give some guidance to the Masters and committees whom are thinking of dumping the direct employment of huntsmen. keep the proffessionals and keep the sport.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I was sorry to hear it - but not surprised! For a true professional like Julian to have to play second fiddle to an Amateur - it rarely works! It SAYS he's 'retired' (???)

I just hope he got good legal advice - he WAS effecively made redundant - and it should have cost the Heythrop quite a lot of money to dump him! You CAN'T just downgrade a long-serving employee and hope they leave!!

This. Julian is a top bloke and one of the best huntsmen out there. A real loss if he doesn't go to another pack. Hope the payout was big enough.

Sherston

Visit site
"Unfortunately it seems like the thrust is to replace proffessionals with Amateurs this is a regretable move and will only serve to make Hunting a second rate sport. Maybe the MFHA under its new Director will give some guidance to the Masters and committees whom are thinking of dumping the direct employment of huntsmen. keep the proffessionals and keep the sport."

Vulpinator, you should be more aware of the history of Fox Hunting?

Are you saying that people such as Ian Farquhar, Ronnie Wallace, The Dukes of Beaufort, Nigel Peel to name but a few were or are not good for the sport?

Amateur or proffessional best suites different hunts for different reasons, people get too hung up on a name.

Vulpinator

Visit site
"Unfortunately it seems like the thrust is to replace proffessionals with Amateurs this is a regretable move and will only serve to make Hunting a second rate sport. Maybe the MFHA under its new Director will give some guidance to the Masters and committees whom are thinking of dumping the direct employment of huntsmen. keep the proffessionals and keep the sport."

Vulpinator, you should be more aware of the history of Fox Hunting?

Are you saying that people such as Ian Farquhar, Ronnie Wallace, The Dukes of Beaufort, Nigel Peel to name but a few were or are not good for the sport?

Amateur or proffessional best suites different hunts for different reasons, people get too hung up on a name.

Is rid of the am totally aware of the history of hunting im not saying it does not suit some areas, small farmers hunts etc. and im a big fan of Captains Walleace and Farquhar and Mr Peel and Captain Farquhar and the Duke of Beaufort appointed a proffessional after Captain. however we need to keep the proffessional positions inorder to keep the lines for up and comming staff. When proffessionals end up on the dole or working outside of hunting they are often lost to the sport forever try it your self if you dare. if you read my post properly you would see that, however taking on an ameteur and dumping a proffessional seems to be the fashion. Lets all hope thats not the future.

Hunters

Visit site
I only hope that Julian Barnfield is not being fed to the lions regarding the upcoming legal trial...

It was always on the cards that he was sadly on his way out. Even Kate Hoey's letter printed in the Mail on Sunday couldn't save him....

I just sincerely hope that when & if the court case comes to court, he's not the one left 'holding the baby.'