Julian wilson

millhouse

Visit site
Saddened to read of Julian's premature death in the paper this morning. Great correspondent, author and presenter of racing - when racing was racing! Rest in Peace Julian and God Bless.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I agree with both of you. I heard it on last night's late news, and they said that he'd battled with ill health for a long while. Possibly a blessed relief for him, but a sad day indeed.

Alec.

claracanter

Visit site
I now it's wrong to keep harking back to how good racing used to be on TV. I'll never forget Julian with his greased back hair and slightly self conscious mannerisms presenting the racing as I grew up. Richard Pitman, John Oaksey and Peter O'Sullivan and him really were the dream team.

Alec Swan

Visit site
claracanter, no it isn't wrong to hark back, at all. We should enjoy our memories, which would include the voice of Wimbledon, Dan Maskell, and the voice of Lords, Brian Johnston.

As you say, J_W had the most appealing mannerisms. I wonder how we will be remembered!!

I wonder if there will be those, in years to come who are saddened by the passing of the current shower!! Quite probably!!

Alec.