Julie Andrews Horse Insurance?

molly7886

Visit site
Yay or Nay?
Any recommendations for others?
Cheers😀

As above...they are a broker but I got my lorry insurance through them
Best quote out of loads I did and documents arrived the next morning. Very pleased with service so far

Damnation

Visit site
Nay.

Refused to accept two independant vets reports for a LOU claim for my last horse. They wanted her shipped to Edinburgh for more tests despite two vets conclusively diagnosing a slipped disk in her spine, thats over 3hrs travelling with no painkillers and a slipped disk.

Vets argued that it was unfair and unethical to transport her that far minus painkillers (they would want a full lameness workup on arrival).

Forefitted the money and PTS.

Talieho

New User
Visit site
Julie Andrews sold the company in Sept 2017 although it still appears to trade under the same name. I was very happy with the services of the original company but definitely will not be recommending the new owners/company
Having sold my horse in Oct 17, I rang them on 2nd Nov to cancel my insurance. I was assured that they would contact the insurance company (they are a broker) and there was no need for me to inform them in writing or contact the insurers myself.
I thought no more about it until the other day when I checked my credit card and realised that I hadn't received a refund. I rang JA and was told they had no record of my call but would look into it and arrange a refund. This they did quickly but it was only a refund from the date of my second call (approx £200 less than it should have been). I asked them to check their phone records (they say they are recorded when you ring but apparently they've only just started this !!!).
NOT HAPPY and definitely wouldn't recommend them

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Nay.

Refused to accept two independant vets reports for a LOU claim for my last horse. They wanted her shipped to Edinburgh for more tests despite two vets conclusively diagnosing a slipped disk in her spine, thats over 3hrs travelling with no painkillers and a slipped disk.

Vets argued that it was unfair and unethical to transport her that far minus painkillers (they would want a full lameness workup on arrival).

That is awful - but is that not down to the insurance company, not the broker?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Didn't realise she'd sold, my renewal would have happened just before.

It worked well as she knew which insurers were problematic so sourced her quotes from ones with a generally good reputation for paying out. The first time I used her I had already got quotes from some insurers which were the same so I knew I wasn't going to save anything going direct to each one and it was helpful for someone else to collate some different options for me.

Will have to rethink for next year is the new owners aren't as good.

OldFogie

Provocateur
Visit site
When I first read the thread name - I thought it was a wind up and there would be strains of "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music" on looking in! Perhaps this shows my age again.

However; a note for the board:- WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN about insurance. Avoid doing business over the phone - record the call if you have to. Confirm EVERYTHING in writing or email. Check all documents and question ANYTHING that looks fishy. Remember - if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck - it's probably a duck! The only time an insurance policy proves its worth is through a claim - when it's too late to change!

Elbie

Visit site
Nay.

But would that not have been the insurance company that refused, rather than JA?

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Nay.

What a dreadful shame. You did the only thing you could do in the circumstance but terrible how they backed you into a corner. Good on your vets for arguing about the welfare of your mare. It makes you wonder how much these underwriters actually know about horses.

wingedhorse

Visit site
But would that not have been the insurance company that refused, rather than JA?
Absolutely would be the underlying insurance company.

I am currently with JA and undergoing a claim. The decisions on the claim are made by the insurance company (SEIB in my case) and JA are just the messengers for the claim.

Andy Pearce

New User
www.jahis.co.uk
Hi all,

Julie Andrews is a Broker and works on your behalf with the insurance company, it is not Julie Andrews who are refusing you, its the insurance company. Any other questions shut. We own the company and its still helping Horse owners every day with their insurance needs.