Jump saddle help

ellie_e

Visit site
So currently using an Albion K2 jump saddle, which doesn't fit and bruised the horses withers so desperate to get something that fits well!!
I've been looking at the Sue Carson, devocoux, ideal impala pro, and the butet.
I've noticed that the Albion hasn't been giving me quiet enough support over the bigger fences which now with the horse being sore has kicked me up the ar*e to change it! He's a 16hh Kwpn, so has a flatish back large shoulders and not masses of wither.
I've read that the sales reps for sue Carson and devocoux aren't the best?
Any suggestions or ideas would help.

One More

Visit site
In my experience, I don't like devoucouxs - some people love them though! I'm a massive fan of Butet, but I really like Equipe and Amerigo also. I find these 3 give me enough support in the saddle, but don't hinder me moving, especially XC. Fab saddles!

kassieg

Visit site
Never ridden in a butet but out of sue carson, devoucoux & ideal I'd always choose the sue carson.
There are bloody good at keeping you in place & generally fit well
devoucoux are nice but on the event yard I worked at out of the whole yard they properly fit about 2 of the horses

ellie_e

Visit site
Never ridden in a butet but out of sue carson, devoucoux & ideal I'd always choose the sue carson.
There are bloody good at keeping you in place & generally fit well
devoucoux are nice but on the event yard I worked at out of the whole yard they properly fit about 2 of the horses
Thanks for this, I've heard some horror stories about the Sue Carson's, the flair air bags going after 2yrs and the reps not being good, but have to say, Sue phoned me herself last night and seamed lovely.

Darremi

Visit site
Thanks for this, I've heard some horror stories about the Sue Carson's, the flair air bags going after 2yrs and the reps not being good, but have to say, Sue phoned me herself last night and seamed lovely.

Absolutely adore my Devoucoux Chiberta. Had it for nearly 8 years now and would never ride in anything else. They have a strong second hand market. This is good because the price has gone up a lot since I bought mine, due to the exchange rate.

Squiggles on Paper

Visit site
I used to have the Albion K2 but like you found it wasn't giving me the best support, I bought an Antares (similar to Devoucoux) and it is lovely. I bought the monoflap and it has given my a lot more support and is more comfortable, I also find that my horse jumps better with it. I got a new one but nearly got the second hand one which the rep had with them and they are in lovely condition :)

Sare

Visit site
I like Antares, but I like Childeric even better and that's what I have now for a horse built very similarly to how you describe yours

charlimouse

Visit site
I love my butet. I also have an antares and that is also fab, but I think between the 2 I would choose the butet. I wouldn't let a sue Carson saddle within a mile of any horse!

Copperpot

Visit site
My horse has a flat back, big shoulders and not much wither. I tried a Wow which i sold. Then an albion k2 which I sold. Now I have an Impala pro. Fits lovely and I love riding in it.

pootler

Visit site
I am looking for a jump saddle for a flat backed horse. I do have a Devoucoux Chiberta which is completely the wrong shape for him. Even if it was adjusted it would still be too banana shaped. Having spent hours pouring over various saddles I am now looking at Amerigo. If you look at their website they even explain which saddle is best for whichever back shape the horse has. I have heard nothing but good things about the Equipes and have ridden in one that felt no different to my Devoucoux but unfortunately they are hard to source where I am.