Jump saddle recommendations...

Saratoga

Visit site
It looks like my amerigo jump saddle is not going to fit Wally for much longer so i will be keeping an eye out for a new one...what are your thoughts on jump saddles? Needs to be suitable for SJ and XC.

Wally is a 17hh dutch warmblood, very big shoulders (long as opposed to wide if you know what i mean?!), medium wide fit, normal sized withers, as only ever been jumped in the amerigo single flat pinerolo so don't want something that will feel too different for him, or me!

I really like the freedom they seem to have in the amerigo (due to set back fixed tree or something like that?), so flexible and soft for the horses back would be great...

Thank you!

langside

Visit site
i really love my jaguar xj mono - really soft for pone and rider, much cheaper than some of its competition, really helps my position and moves with the horse in a good way if you know what i mean?

i know a few people here like devoucoux which i did but my pone is simular built and the devoucoux really didnt fit her very well and moved far too much when jumping but obviously every horse is different

connie1288

Visit site
Interesting, I love my devoucoux, fits a variety of horses i put it on, on a lower budget i would suggest prestige paris D, unfortunately my bum was too big. I personally hated my jaguar xj mono, i think bare back would have been more comfortable.

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
I have an Albion Kontact Single Flap and love it - most comfortable single flap I rode in. Tried Pessoa, Hoy, Amerigo, and Prestige, but love the way the Albion looks and feel.s My boy is a 16.3 ISH, but looks quite "warmblood-y" apparently.

langside

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, I love my devoucoux, fits a variety of horses i put it on, on a lower budget i would suggest prestige paris D, unfortunately my bum was too big. I personally hated my jaguar xj mono, i think bare back would have been more comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
maybe its all that extra luggage im carrying behind thats hiding the pain
wink.gif

i really do like the devoucoux and agree it fits most types of horses - i have one for my little old lady and its really nice
but when the fitter came out she was trying to sell me a saddle that that would need a breast plate on for dressage which kind of defeated the object of getting a saddle made to measure especially for the price

marinitagsd

www.marinita-sportshorses.com
I have found my Jeffries Flacon event saddle to be very much multi purpose and its soooo comfortable, keeps your position very well too.
My other is a Harry Dabs (now jaguar) jump saddle and it has all the same qualities of my Jeffries.
Anita
x

milz88

Visit site
I would recommend a Vega, they are made by and from the same company as Amerigo but doesn't have the same price tag
laugh.gif
, I find mine very very comfy and fits my ISH wonderfully.

I also liked the prestige single flap saddles when I was trying, it was a toss up between prestige and vega, I have a brand new bates momentum never used though!!
laugh.gif

nomini

Visit site
I really like my devoucoux single flap jump saddle, fits my WBxTB really well and is very comfortable
smile.gif
Have a prestige event saddle which I also like but not as comfortable as devoucoux. Have just ordered a Butet jump for my new mare, rode in the demo's, they were so comfortable, can't wait for it to come now
smile.gif

Charlotte125

Visit site
Would you let me know how you get on because im currently looking for a saddle and my horse sounds the same as yours (big shoulders). Quite like the look of the Prestige but waiting til Bramham to see what the saddle fitters there have to say! Thank you X

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
Prestige !!!!!! I have 2 now and love them my youngster has gone fantastic since putting him in it - there is lots of room for big shoulders !!

though with Price of Euro they are mega expensive now my Meredith D gone from £1600 to £2400 !!!!!!!!!

Saratoga

Visit site
Oooh lots of ideas...thanks guys

With regards to Butet saddles, what are the three saddle flaps all about? Are there UK agents that sell them?

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have an Ideal Springbok which I love, and they have just started making the Professional (or whatever it is called!). The Springbok is very similar to the albion kontact, but cheaper, and I love mine.

Saratoga

Visit site
Thank you for the link, they are not far from me at all.

On the info on their site it says that there are three different saddle flaps to choose from! Says on website that they are at Badminton so will try and find their stand.

Those that recommended the Prestige - which models do you have?

With a horse that has been used to a single flap amerigo, do you think the albion kontact will be 'too much saddle' if you know what i mean?

Thank you all again!

connie1288

Visit site
Ah the 3 different saddle flaps are all slightly different designs, to suit longer legs shorter legs etc.

Sederholm also sell prestige saddles, as that what i was planning to have before i bought my 1st Butet.

kerilli

Visit site
tbh you need to get a saddler out with a really good selection, because what one person loves (because it suits their build and riding style) another person won't like at all. for e.g. i wanted to try a Barnsby Xtreem and my saddler had to move heaven and earth to get one for me to try (prototype as they weren't out yet then!), i was sure i'd buy one if i got to try it, but it just wasn't right for me, yet Ideal Impala was absolutely perfect.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
I have 2 Meredith D !!

I rode in a Paris D first and wanted one of those but the Meredith is made for the more rounder bigger shouldered warmblood so i was advised to get one of those for my horse !! I now have 2 !

I also have a prestige Dressage Saddle which i love x

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the link, they are not far from me at all.

On the info on their site it says that there are three different saddle flaps to choose from! Says on website that they are at Badminton so will try and find their stand.

Those that recommended the Prestige - which models do you have?

With a horse that has been used to a single flap amerigo, do you think the albion kontact will be 'too much saddle' if you know what i mean?

Thank you all again!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get the Albion in a single flap version - that's what we have. It's fantastic and I literally think about squeezing my legs and P goes!

KatB

Visit site
The Prestige are lovely saddles, but do sometimes cause restriction with big shoulders, although the older ones are alot more open in their trees. The Jags are the same apparently. Butets are gorgeous saddles, but for both horse and rider comfort, I ADORE my Barnsby Xtreem, it is beautifully made, very well designed and fits my horse fantastically (he has HUGE shoulders, but isnt wide!) Also the Ideals are very nice saddles, but te panels were too wide for my horse unfortunately so I had to sell it as he got fitter
smirk.gif