Jump Saddle recommendations?

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
The dear horse has changed shape and so am saddle hunting but need to go 2nd hand and not sure on makes that will be suitable.

She has a decent wither but is then pretty darn flat so bates etc with a more curved tree don't fit at all. To add complications she is now wide verging on extra wide and most decent jump saddles seem to stop at MW

So yes brand suggestions please!!

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
I really liked my ideal internatonal event - mne was a wide and I had it on a relatively high withered tb who was as wide as a table actually under the saddle. Hasn't got massively knee or thigh rolls but was enough to support me round 3'3'' 3'6'' courses

be positive

Visit site
We got an Amerigo for a flat backed wide horse, having tried many this was the best fit for both horse and rider, he is in a size narrower in this than in others we tried as they come up wide so something to bear in mind when looking.

JoClark

Visit site
I have an Ideal Impala and love it, very comfy. Mine has a medium wither and flat back. You need different widths for different saddles so best to try on.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes obviously need to try before I buy (unless cheap enough to take the risk that could sell on!) I can't afford to buy new though of the type I would want especially until I sell my current saddle and saddler who was out last week could only offer me one 2nd hand saddle that I really didn't like. My normal saddler who would have a slightly better range would be an option but we can't get to each other for over a month so am bit stuck.

Keep finding bargains but all MWs and photos clearly show won't be wide enough :( just need to carry on hunting. Least I have a copy of the template the saddler tool of her back so can get an idea of a saddle will fit if pick up!

James6

Visit site
Exselle; I'm not sure if it would be easy to find a second hand one but I love mine. I think you may have seen my very flat-backed, chunky mare at Wellington BE. She has a wide tree and it fits really well and never slips unlike all other models I tried.