Jump Saddle recommendations

Counterpoint

Visit site
My current saddle doesn't really fit me that well, and its not perfect on my horse (I use a couple of pads to make it fit) so I'd like to look into getting a new one, and wondered if people could recommend something:

Forward cut with decent Thigh rolls (not knee rolls) Med-flat seat but not tabletop flat, just not a bucket.
Monoflap
Fit a large warmblood.
M or MW (depending on fit).
17 or 17.5" for me (depending on shape)
Wide gullet channel - horse has a wide spine.

Not much more than £1000 (so mostly second hand)
NOT Albion (I've sat on many and they all have slightly wrong shaped seat for me)
Not WoW - horse likes the flair system but I tried all the seats they had at Burlegh and the only one I could bear was the brand new continental.
I've tried Sue Carson Velocity and loved it (as did my horse) but I can't find 2nd hand and I've not been impressed with the build quality of SC. I do know a good Flair fitter.
Normal saddles would be fine.

So any suggestions or am I asking for the moon?

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think you might like the patriot that ideal make for Sterlingshire Saddlery but it does have a largish knee roll.
But even second hand you would very lucky to find one for £1000.

Llee94

Visit site
I have both a Kentaur eventer II which has huge blocks at the front and the Equipe Expression monoflap which has no knee roll really but a good thigh block.
I loved the kentaur but unfortunately it doesn't fit my mare any more. I found it very secure and a fab XC saddle and saved me on quite a few occasions. You can normally pick up a second hand kentaur for around £500 but they aren't very common so could be difficult to find.
I got the equipe as it was the only saddle I could find that fitted in the run up to a big competition but I have now fallen in love with it, even though it is completely different to the Kentaur. It has done wonders for my position and puts you in the perfect balance for jumping and galloping. It just makes everything seem effortless for both me and the horse. She is jumping the best she ever has in this saddle. Only down side is that the seat is a little on the hard side so not great for hacking if you go out for hours. I am used to it now but it took a while. I think it is a good enough compromise though because of how good it is in all other aspects. You can normally get Equipe saddles for around the £1000 mark second hand and they are worth every penny in my opinion!

Girlracer

Visit site
I would recommend trying an Ideal Impala Pro Jump.

I've recently bought a new saddle for my horse, and it was a real minefield. But I absolutely love this saddle. Well worth a look. :)

Counterpoint

Visit site
You've said what you like in a saddle, but not a lot about horse shape, does the tree need to be flat or curved etc?

She's fairly standard for a large warmblood - flatish. Def not the really curved ones. Does need wide channel, her shoulders do come back a fair way, I did see one make where the panels were the shape of a dressage saddle with the knee rolls built up on both sides to allow much more feedom - seemed like a great idea.

She quite liked the Flair in both the Sue Carson and the WoW but as I say really not impressed with the craftsmanship on those, and I can't bear WoW myself.

Mostly its the thigh blocks on the SC and the Wow that I like that I can get my leg wedged under, coupled with something with a wide enough chanel and soft padding for my horse.

We currently have an equipe style but the latex has got a bit hard and its too narrow in the gullet channel, its MW and a fraction too wide too, but med seemed too narrow for her and I'd rather have to pad slightly with a sheep or similar, than it pinch. She's ok in it, but was noticably better in the SC. I don't feel it has enough support for me now we are jumping bigger.

I didn't like K&M - too much bulk under the thigh, will def try the Kentaur and the patriot - that looks really interesting.

Any other thoughts?

EventingMum

Visit site
Second the Ideal Patriot available through Stirlingshire Saddlery, it gives the feel of a close contact with the adjustability of flock or Flair - both of ours have Flair but that's personal preference. I did buy one awhile ago within your budget but they do tend to be in demand.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I'd say Patriot too but they are like rocking horse poo. I have a lovely one but I have no idea what make it is - I'll find the saddler name on it for you.

marmalade88

Visit site
Excelle, mine is like riding in an armchair. Got it new for about £1500 but they are much cheaper second hand, although I don't see them around much. Made by the Walsall saddle co. who also make the ideals.

MyDappledConnemara

Visit site
I would go for a GFS saddle. I have one and it absolutely fab, supports my knee and thigh with blocks but thin saddle flaps which give you a really nice feel with the horse. I got mine for £450 second hand which was an excellent price as they are quite sought after, but you can get new ones for about £750-850