Jump saddle suggestions please

MissGee

Visit site
So I have a little (16h) ISH, big shoulders and quite short backed.

I like a nice forward cut saddle with plenty of knee for support, however horse's shoulder doesn't allow.
I'm reasonably tall (5'8) so ideally need a 17.5" saddle but can get away with 17.

So, for example, I tried him in:
Albion K2 17.5 (I love them) but it trapped his shoulder and was too long.
Devoucoux 17.5 - trapped his shoulder
Barnsby - trapped his shoulder and too long

Don't have a massive budget so anyone have any bright ideas for decent second hand saddles?

Skewbaldbow

Visit site
So I have a little (16h) ISH, big shoulders and quite short backed.

I like a nice forward cut saddle with plenty of knee for support, however horse's shoulder doesn't allow.
I'm reasonably tall (5'8) so ideally need a 17.5" saddle but can get away with 17.

So, for example, I tried him in:
Albion K2 17.5 (I love them) but it trapped his shoulder and was too long.
Devoucoux 17.5 - trapped his shoulder
Barnsby - trapped his shoulder and too long

Don't have a massive budget so anyone have any bright ideas for decent second hand saddles?

I have a Kieffer jumping saddle which I find v comfortable and has good knee support. I have a 16.2 ISH who is similar with the shoulder issue you have but I have found the Kieffer offers him the ability to use his shoulders. I’m also tall like you (5’10) so needed the 17.5 but then mine isn’t too short in the back... Mine was second hand and not too pricey (think I paid £500), there is someone selling a 17.5 Kieffer jumping saddle on the BSJA fb page atm for £650 if that’s any help?

MissGee

Visit site
I have a Kieffer jumping saddle which I find v comfortable and has good knee support. I have a 16.2 ISH who is similar with the shoulder issue you have but I have found the Kieffer offers him the ability to use his shoulders. I’m also tall like you (5’10) so needed the 17.5 but then mine isn’t too short in the back... Mine was second hand and not too pricey (think I paid £500), there is someone selling a 17.5 Kieffer jumping saddle on the BSJA fb page atm for £650 if that’s any help?

Ooh thanks for this. I had a Keiffer a long time ago and quite liked it, had never even though of one of those. Will certainly have a look ;-)