Jump saddles suggestions!

JCbruce

Visit site
Looking for some jump saddle suggestions for a big warmblood who has a whither that slopes down into a flat back.

I have my saddle fitter coming Monday and we will try a few on but I was wondering what makes peoples have found good for this?

The two I like most that she has to try and the bates advanta and Amerigo obs no idea if they will suit them but they’re pretty. I am also not a fan of foam panels.

I have him in a K&M which has been adjusted 3 times over the past 8 months and just does not fit him and my chiro has said just to keep it off untill I get a new one. Why is it such a minefield. Thanks very much.

Abacus

Visit site
I have previously had two amerigos (vega, the cheaper ones) and loved them. Sadly don’t fit my current horse so I sold the last one. Obvs you’d need it fitted for him and you but I found them incredibly comfortable.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Over the years we've had a Bates, a stubben & a Devoucoux. Without a doubt the one horse went really well in the Devoucoux. It fitted him really well & my daughter felt really comfortable & secure in it. At that time she was regularly jumping Foxhunter & you'd have thought she'd got velcro on her bottom. My daughter bought the saddle, it was expensive but it was her choice. Best thing is don't set your heart on a particular make of saddle, some saddles will not fit your horse, go with whatever saddle fits your horse & you feel good in it.

TheMule

Visit site
My broad, flat backed warmblood is in an Ideal and it is a lovely fit- it's an older model Exceed which seems to have been designed for flat backs but with a bit of shape at the wither

lynz88

Visit site
I liked my Bates but then moved to an Amerigo DJ until I sat in a CWD. CWD doesn't fit horse as well as it should but can say I've never fallen off when riding in it and horse has thrown in some major wobbles (not saddle related). Horse is a chunky TB.