Jump Saddles used as everyday

Fionamarie

Visit site
Hi, how many people have jump Saddles that they use for all disciplines including hacking? I’m looking at getting one want to do flat work and hacking!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I ride on the flat in my jumping saddle a lot as it develops your strength and balance for jumping I rarely hack in my dressage saddles .
You don’t mentain jumping in your post I assume you do jump ,if you don’t there are better choices than a jumping saddle .
I would not just have a jumping saddles a dressage saddle makes life much easier .

catembi

Visit site
I do everything except jumping in a dressage saddle as I find it's a lot easier on my joints. My knees can't cope with riding at jumping length all the time.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
When I got my Butet saddle it took the entire saddle budget. I did everything in it! Loads of hacking, dressage....

Eventually (after a good few years) I found a secondhand Butet dressage one too. It did make dressage a LOT easier, but I am still glad I splashed out on the original XC one and used it for everything while I saved up. As a wise person once said, you are unlikely to die doing dressage!

Sadly Jay did not like Butet, so they were sold. Now my new horse would probably love one, but I am now retired, so she has a secondhand VSD!!! Having said that, we are now aiming a lot lower, so I think a used vSD will do nicely as it fits her and she likes it.

jj_87

Visit site
I do everything in my jump as it zapped up my entire saddle budget, I will eventually get another Dressage saddle. I used to make myself hack out in the Dressage at least once a week!

Antw23uk

Visit site
I did do everything in a jump saddle until I needed to get more focused on my schooling (as in actually start schooling, lol) and I found it a revelation being in a GP and so much easier for me and the horse. Now just to save up for a dressage saddle because thats got to be even better and more productive surely? :)

HashRouge

Visit site
I worked as an SJ groom for 2 years and they do everything in jump saddles - starting youngsters, schooling, hacking ... even a bit of dressage as some of the youngsters went out to ODEs if they were for sale. I used to have my lessons in a jump saddle as that's all there was!

HBII

Visit site
I hack, school, jump & dressage all in my Black Country Ricochet jump saddle - It is sooo comfy and fits my wide flat backed mare.

AFB

Visit site
I do everything in a jump saddle, I don't 'do' dressage and can school happily enough at home in a jump

little_critter

Visit site
I was the other way round, my dressage saddle blew my saddle budget so I did a year in just the dressage saddle (no jumping - just flatwork & hacking).
Last month I bought a jump saddle, just in time it seems because now the dressage saddle doesn't fit!
So now I'm doing everything in the jump saddle.
Personally I prefer riding in the dressage saddle, but of course I can't jump in it (has big knee blocks so I can't put my stirrups up). I'm getting used to the jump saddle but can't wait for the dressage saddle to fit again.

Asha

Visit site
Weve ridden all of ours in jump saddles for everything so far. I find them very secure. I couldn't justify another one at first.... But im hopefully getting one this week, only because ive started to enjoy dressage, otherwise id have saved my money.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I do everything in my jump saddle, including dressage. A dressage saddle is on my wishlist but I need to decide whether to go M2M or get a 'popular' off-the-shelf brand that fits instead.

jenni999

Visit site
I have a monoflap jumping saddle and it's quite minimalistic so I do everything except jump in my dressage saddle as it's more padded = more comfortable for me.

Kikke

Visit site
Use it for hacking and jumping, poles etc. But still prefer my dressage saddle for flat/dressage. I used my jump saddle up to novice level but with the increased lateral work and now hoping to move up to Advanced Medium I don't think I could do all my sitting trot in my jump saddle.