Jump Trainer Wanted

wkdfilly

Visit site
Hi I own a livery yard just off the M4 Jct34, and we are looking to have some gymnastic jump sessions. We do not want to focus on jumping perse, but more on the horse's technique. The reason being we have a few horses recovering from KS, hock and stifle problems. We already have pole sessions which are helping, but would like to do some gymnastic training to up the intensity. Also, a few of our clients do not enjoy jumping so that is not their main focus. We also have a few showjumpers on the yard that would also benefit.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in running these sessions, possibly weekly or fortnightly (thinking Sundays as more people around) that would be great.

Many thanks

Annagain

Visit site
There's a guy, Ed Hobbs, who goes to Pencoed who does this sort of thing. He's from Somerset (maybe Devon?) so comes up about once a month or so. He's very expensive but those I know who have had lessons with him say he's worth every penny. You could either just go to those or see if you could get him to come to you before /after?

If you want to stay with someone more local (and therefore cheaper) Penny Pembridge is very inventive with her jumping lessons. Not necessarily 'gymnastic' but very challenging with line and planning and all her exercises have a point. She never puts them up particularly big (unless you specifically ask for it) and you still feel like you've had a really challenging lesson. I really enjoy my lessons with her, or I did before my boy went lame :(.