Jumping after injury?

charlotte0916

Visit site
Hi all,

I’ve been slowly plugging away at bringing my mare back into work since she was kicked back at the start of July. We were cleared by the vet last month for all activities and are now on week 12 of structured ridden work (previously lots of in hand work and a bit of hacking for the month prior). She’s now up to happily working in walk/trot/canter on 20m circles etc.

I’m wondering when one could start thinking about reintroducing baby jumps again? She’s rising 6 but with the time off is more like rising 5 with a very busy brain, so keen to keep her engaged as much as poss. The vet had said we can crack on and do what we like but I like a bit of method/planning to it all!

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Hi all,

I’ve been slowly plugging away at bringing my mare back into work since she was kicked back at the start of July. We were cleared by the vet last month for all activities and are now on week 12 of structured ridden work (previously lots of in hand work and a bit of hacking for the month prior). She’s now up to happily working in walk/trot/canter on 20m circles etc.

I’m wondering when one could start thinking about reintroducing baby jumps again? She’s rising 6 but with the time off is more like rising 5 with a very busy brain, so keen to keep her engaged as much as poss. The vet had said we can crack on and do what we like but I like a bit of method/planning to it all!

maybe add ground poles, then raised poles, then a few cross poles, then build, each stage a few weeks at a time?