Jumping/Event Saddle....

LadyRascasse

Visit site
For the tall person!! I am looking for a saddle for my TB (do high withered) he is medium width. We are looking for a 18" saddle to accommodate my rather long leg lol!! I have tried the Albion Kontrol in a 17.5 and the seat was to small for me. Also tried the Albion K2 but it bridges on him so also unsuitable. Saddler has advised for it to be flocked rather than flexible tree as he is a bit cold backed. I am 5ft9/10 ish but have a 34" leg. Also I don't have a massive budget so would be looking second hand. Any ideas?? :D

alwaysbroke

Visit site
A Prestige jump saddle suited my 6 foot long legged daughter well, she had one for her Irish TB medium fit. She also finds my partners (who is also 6 foot)Barnsby Xtreem jump saddle 17.5 good, not sure how much one of those would be though:)

LadyRascasse

Visit site
Fun you should say Prestige I was just looking at one and thinking would it be suitable, I am going to find a few and email them to my saddler and get her opinion I need to try them before I buy so gonna have to be things like Saddles direct

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
When I tried saddles I loved the Barnsby Extreem, but I couldn't afford it, so ended up with an Excelle Integra. I'm 6ft with 36 inch inside leg, but my horse is relatively flat withered and round backed. Plus I have a short-ish thigh in comparison to my height (still long by most standards) so I swam around in an 18" saddle, I had to have a 17.5".

I_A_P

Visit site
I had a wow which I fitted in very well in cross country set up (now selling), tried a mono flap prestige which I liked but would have needed it custom made to give me enough room. Have bought an Albion kontact which I fit into nicely; I am very long in the thigh

Javabb94

Visit site
I have an ideal impala pro and found it one of the only saddles to fit my long legs 34/5" inside leg

It's a lovely saddle wish I could find another second hand as both horses share currently

I am also looking for a prestige for a similar build you describe :)

Foxfolly

Visit site
I have a Ken Taur performer, which is a close contact saddle but is flocked rather than latex panels as my boy is quite sensitive, I am very pleased with it, if you can find one second hand they are usually quite cheap as they are a fairly unknown make, but they seem good quality and have a sprenger tree so not cheap rubbish! Its actually the Oliver Townend event saddle which is just no longer produced under the OT brand.

http://www.equestriansuppliesshop.co.uk/products/Kentaur-Performer-Saddle.html

Not sure leg wise as I am quite short but then I had to have the thigh block moved up for my short legs so I guess that would imply it should be ok for long legs!!
Not sure where you are but I know Helen at North Yorkshire saddles has a black one as a demo, its a MW 17.5" as its the one I tried then she ordered my brown one for me!