Jumping Position Critisim!

Frazer

Visit site
After jumping serenity yesterday, for the first time ages due to box rest, I realised in the videos my jumping position doesn't really seem correct.
I am very anxious about my position, and was hoping someone could help me figure out what I need to do!
One point I noticed straight away is im leaning on my hands to much!
Sorry the pictures are so blurry, they are cut out of blurry videos! But hope someone can help. The videos themself, are in the picture gallery!
Many Thanks
Jumpingpositions.jpg

spike123

Visit site
It looks to me like you are standing in your stirrups rather than folding and pushing your bum back in the saddle.You look as though you need to shorten your stirrups quite a bit too as you look to be riding very long for jumping which won't help your position.Also remember to follow the movement of the horse with your hands.Keeping them fixed like that may cause you stopping problems in future otherwise.

Mel85

Visit site
I agree with shortening the stirrups. I always ride very short when jumping as it gives you a more secure lower leg and will stop it swinging back. You look slightly in front of the movement - don't try to make it happen, let it happen underneath you and go with it. Make sure you are giving enough with the hand as well as if you don't it will cause the horse to hollow and have fences behind.

Lovely horse!

Frazer

Visit site
Yes that is probably the reason, my stirrups are to long, then couldn't get into my jumping position correctly! Will try that tomorrow, using raised poles! Normally I ride short, so this was a suprise, but I agree that they look to long etc.. Thanks

samp

Visit site
TO me your stirrups look way too long, you need to comfortaly fold from hips if the stirrups are too long you can not do this