Jumping saddle adive

ChelseaAnn

New User
Visit site
Helloo

I need some advice on a new saddle, i currently have a wintec gp saddle but i struggle jumping in it as im quite tall and i don't really feel safe in it. im looking to buy a jumping/close contact saddle but not sure which one to go for. i would prefer a changeable gullet
Can anyone recommend me a saddle?

Thanks
ChelseaAnn

KRjumpjump

Visit site
Hi, Bates saddles are really similar to Wintecs I think. They have interchangeable gullets and the CAIR system in some models. I've never ridden in one but I know a few people who love them and they are not very expensive. If you have more of a budget I think some Pessoa saddles have changeable gullets now. I have a Prestige but they cost around £2000 and although you can't change the gullet a Prestige saddle fitter can alter the tree for you (costs me around £65).

Llanali

Visit site
A bates is a leather version of a Wintec, so if the wintec fits your horse and you well then that is an option.

However, it's slightly how long is a piece of string. Without knowing your horse, you, or being a saddler I think any of us would struggle to advise- it depends so much on what you like in a saddle, what your horse requires etc.

For example, a Prestige doesn't suit me yet suits the poster above. I have a Paul Jones CC saddle I adore and my husband hates- his Stubben Seigfried CS is 'ok' for me. Ideal saddles suit a lot of people, particularly horses with big ish shoulders too.

Are you long legged? An Ideal impala might be a consideration- they suit those long from hip to knee I believe. Where as I am a short a$$ and like a Black Country Quantum, and a Venici. I hate Albions now but didn't used to!

Kent and Masters, Pessoa, GFS, Bates and Tekna all do changeable gullets I believe? Is there a particular reason for wanting one? Sadly changing the gullet doesn't make it fit all horses as we were all lead to believe when they were first introduced.

ChelseaAnn

New User
Visit site
Hey

Thanks for the responses, Ive booked the saddler to come out, atleast that way i can try the saddle before i buy to see whether i like it or not and if peppi goes well in it.

There is so many different saddles out there and i wasnt sure which one would suit us so hopefully will all be sorted in a few weeks time :)