Jumping saddle recommendation please!

Oliviaandsparrow

Visit site
I am 14 yrs old and around 5'1 ish. At the moment i have an Albion K2 GP 16.5" but it doesnt fit me or my horse so am rethinking. I have a problem that my thigh is too long so my knee goes over the flaps by about 4 " which is a problem xc. I find the 16.5" seat a bit big so ideally i would like a 16" but with extra forward cut flaps! I liked the look of the Amerigo monoflap event but it waaaay out of price range
smile.gif
. Any one with ideas?

KatB

Visit site
Well ive always been told the only way to go with someone with a long thigh is a single flap. The Excelle single flaps are nice. Something with adjustable knee roles may be good too. I personally love my bates, and I know they do the close contact with a flat seat? May be an idea??

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I have long thighs and just have a close contact with long girth straps. I find it works perfectly as I ride short for xc and my knees rest just over when sat in the saddle but everything comes into place when riding. I could never ride in a saddle with big knee blocks. There are so many on the market that would be suitable and also plenty of 2nd hand ones.

Nic

Visit site
I have a Jeffires Flyover single flap. quite hard to come by but I got mine as new for £350, took a bit of getting used to but it accommodates my long thigh (5'8 &34" inside leg!)

SummerStorm

Visit site
How about the Albion K2 Jump? I've got one (and love it!) and there's plenty of room for knees etc. as the flaps are very forward cut - much, much more so than the GP version.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Hi I am 5ft8 with a 34" leg and I have a Barnsby event saddle, and I love it. Took a bit of getting used to as I used to have a Stuuben.

I have a 2 barnsby dressage saddles as well and I love them, I find them so comfortable.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I'd also recommend the Albion K2 jumping as an alternative to the GP. I'm 6' tall & v long from hip to knee, but event & SJ in one. In most saddles my knee goes over the front when I ride short but this is very forward cut & I'm fine. Plus the blocks mean it very secure & I find it very comfy.

I_A_P

Visit site
i am also long in the thigh, am definatly gonna need a 18" but also dont know where im heading! however im tryins ome wow saddles out 2moro!

dixie

Visit site
I'm long in the thigh and found the Stubben's brilliant and secure. I also ride in an Excelle Event which is also good but doesn't have the large knee blocks as the Stubben.

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Please Please Please get a qualified saddle fitter out to properly measure your horse and try lots various styles, please don't buy 'off the peg' if you can help it.

Also if you look at the IDEAL range all their saddles are made to measure for you and your horse and are not over priced and one of the only 'English' manufacturers left.