Jumping today *pic's and vids* - please critique

Jingleballs

Visit site
I did some jumping with C today - first time I've jumped without the presence of my instructor in about 6 months and only about the 4th time I've jumped in that time.

I have accepted that I will never be very good at jumping - just doesn't come naturally and I don't think I have the bottle for it but I do want to be as good as I can for the sake of C - he does like jumping although he's done very little of it - my aspirations don't stretch further than being able to do a nursery novice class and a baby XC course.

My friend kindly took some pics and vids today which she's put together for me.

I think I need to firstly shorten my stirrups further, give more with my hands and work out what a bloody light seat is as I tend to stand up in my stirrups rather than go into a proper jumping position. I also need to ride more positively into the jump.

I'd really welcome and additional thoughts and critique - be as honest as you wish as I need to get better at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PaYDo-L-qI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63LKdERXsB0

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
I think you covered all the points i'd say in your original post
smile.gif
Overall, your doing better than i am with m'boy!
grin.gif
Keep up the good work x

RubysGold

Visit site
Your toes seem to be turned out quite a bit. Which I'm bad for doing myself lol.
I think you look really good
smile.gif
And hope you enjoy it
Nickie

woodstock1

New User
Visit site
I am no expert but I thought you looked ok, don't be so hard on yourself!!

If you think of getting your belly button over the pommel/sticking your bottom slightly out behind you it may help you to fold rather than stand. Relax...you look a bit tense, could try singing or blowing raspberries! will make sure you are still breathing (and might make you feel so silly you'll forget about worrying about the fences!!) If you are more relaxed your heels will naturally drop and your hands/arms will naturally give more. Sorry am really going on!
Enjoy it!!

Have to add, What a lovely horse!!