Juno doing agility *proud mum post*

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
We started agility last November for a bit of fun, I thought Juno would like it and it would be good for her brain. She didn't seem to really get it at first and I wasn't sure that she enjoyed it. She was rather slow, but had a good sit-wait and was very focused on me. She started avoiding the jumps, especially ducking out on the first one unless I was right opposite her over the jump and I was beginning to wonder if she really liked it. She was happy with the tunnel, dog walk and seesaw though.
Then covid hit and group lessons were out. Once lockdown was eased our trainer started doing 1-2-1 lessons and we did 2 or 3, then group lessons started up again the other week. Well what a difference in her, she is absolutely loving it. Her speed has picked up but she's kept the accuracy with it. We've still got a long way to go but my handling is improving every week which is most of the battle!
I've uploaded some video to her FB page here
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1696515690505645&id=1031950846962136

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I spent early lockdown working on Meera’s weaves. First training session (socially distanced and limited numbers) Trainer wanted to see how we had got on. This is the result of my hard work, I was on a high for days
Simple things to us and our dogs happy
Wow they're really good, we're way behind you on the weaves, have only just started going through the channels. Am going to try to set something up at home to practice on.
So rewarding when they get it isn't it?

satinbaze

Visit site
Wow they're really good, we're way behind you on the weaves, have only just started going through the channels. Am going to try to set something up at home to practice on.
So rewarding when they get it isn't it?

I used the 2x2 method and was really pleased how well it worked. I don't have a big garden only just enough space for 8 Flexi poles. There are some good you tube videos on teaching 2x2

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Looks great. I tried with my older dog for something to do in retirement as he jumps 1m from a standstill and knows to run to contact points, but he bores easily and if he knocks a pole he just treats it like a giant dumbbell, grabs it and runs around with it. See also, pulling weave poles out of ground and doing same ?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Looks fun, I used to go there before the club changed hands. Chance was doing really well then an entire Patterdale attacked him at training luckily not seriously but it really upset him and then one of the instructors carelessly let the teeter drop on his first try and he basically seemed to lose confidence. I decided to let him mature a bit so gave him a break and your video makes me want to have another go now to see if he’s more confident now. He’s definitely more settled in himself overall.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think I will have to try the 2by2 thing with the Sprollie. I was thinking the other day though that I don't think we'll get back to agility with him. But he'll enjoy learning to do weavies properly instead of the point and hope method I previously relied on. ?

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Hope this link works as the video gives you a v good idea.
Thanks for this, we are doing "channel" weaves at the moment but I can see how this would be a really good method, I will have to try it.
Looks fun, I used to go there before the club changed hands. Chance was doing really well then an entire Patterdale attacked him at training luckily not seriously but it really upset him and then one of the instructors carelessly let the teeter drop on his first try and he basically seemed to lose confidence. I decided to let him mature a bit so gave him a break and your video makes me want to have another go now to see if he’s more confident now. He’s definitely more settled in himself overall.
Do you mean you were coming until about 6 months ago or was it a previous change of hands?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Thanks for this, we are doing "channel" weaves at the moment but I can see how this would be a really good method, I will have to try it.

Do you mean you were coming until about 6 months ago or was it a previous change of hands?

I stopped about July last year after doing it since January and then the previous owners decided to retire I believe a few months later. Meant to get back earlier but you know how it is with two horses to keep up as well.