Just a happy Mimosa update

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
My husband and I built a round pen/ lunge ring to give us somewhere to work with Mim but I actually haven’t lunged much as I’m conscious of her baby joints. I don’t think I’ve lunged in 6 months ?

Today we used it properly for the first time, and she was absolutely brilliant. She walks and trots so nicely, and slows down to “whoah”. We did have a few acrobatics in canter but who can blame her, cantering is fun ?

My proudest moment was the way she tackled poles. I popped a few trotting poles down, about 2m off the edge of the track and she locked onto them immediately. She just took herself over them without me needing to direct her at all. In fact, I was planning to let her trot past them for a few laps before asking her to trot over them- no chance, the poles were clearly meant for her, and she was going over them.

At the end of the session (only about 20 min, so short and sweet), I took off boots and tack and let her cool down loose, and she still wanted to play with the poles. I had to evict her to get her to stop trotting them ? funny creature.

Her highness, taking a well earned nap. (And just in case anyone is worried about her rosy pink nose- I have pink sun block ?)

289EF9D1-572B-4482-A6C0-74F5F9CD652A.jpeg