Just a Horse! just thought I would share!

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a horse," or, "that's a lot of money for "just a horse". They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some o...f my saddest .........moments have been brought about by "just a horse,' and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day. If you, too, think it's "just a horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a girl ." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a horse" just smile, because they just don't understand :D xx

benson21

Visit site
But trying to explain that to someone who doesnt understand is not easy!
A few years ago, we were having money troubles. My non horsey mum came up with the idea of getting rid of the Horse. When I asked her if she would suggest to my sister who was also having financial problems if she would have her baby put up for adoption, I think she started to understand a little more!

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
This really made me smile :) I hate trying to explain to people why I have a horse, they dont understand when I tell them...they think im completely crazy (even my parents :rolleyes: but that just puts it into perspective :D

Thanks for sharing

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
I used to get fed up of my relatives who I saw on a yearly basis, say oh is he still alive then, like they were waiting for him to go, that was my first pony and he has now gone. I was only young and I used to think why are they being so horrible I used to get really upset.

My current horse is 33 and I get, god how long do they live etc etc